Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slump buster Revell W900

I built this straight out of of the box, I just needed to get something finished for a change. I've been building off and on for almost twenty years and I'm hoping to be more on again now. The paint is Testors one coat laquer White Lightening and Maroon Metallic. I'm thinking about building a headache rack to hide the peg holes in the sleeper but if I don't it still looks good on the shelf. Since the truck represented by the kit is about thirty years old I built it as a restored owner/operator truck and a maybe a mild show truck.

kenpic1.jpg

kenpic2.jpg

kenpic3.jpg

kenpic4.jpg

Nice build Bryan, As a slump buster these snap together trucks are easy and fast to build, make a great shelf model and for the price of under $20 you can't go wrong.I think everyone should pick up at least one each of these KW & Pete kits from Revell. They I've seen people that never built a truck model get hooked on trucks. Only problem with them is there is alot of "canvas" there making you want to get crazy with your decal or airbrush. Build one box stock get to first base and swing for the fences with the second one.

Now my question for you what's next now that your on first base. :)

Vince

I've kind of got the semi bug right now so it will most likely be a big truck. I have a few more kits and will be buying a lot more soon. I want to do a Chevy Titan show truck and I'm looking to do a super stock semi pulling truck or two and I want to build some heavy haul trucks using some less often seen makes being reissued. Since alost every kit available is of an old truck you either have to build a retro truck, a junkyard truck, or a restored truck of some kind.

That looks great man, these kits are great because of the price it makes people a little easier to experiment and try building things different and cutting in and stretching frames, the price makes the model all more forgiving I suppose. Heck I've built 3 of th Pete's and two of the kws I like them

Hey, even Tim uses these kits and gets (the usual) excellent results! So this tells something about these kits. I like your paint scheme, classic white and red, always looks good.

Edited by Z06Bob

Very nice turn out on the "Slump Buster",white lightning makes the truck look like a true classic,I agree with Landon on these kits,I am currently trying to build one for my "Slump Buster" of 15 years and these kits are perfect for that......sweet looking build!!

Very Nice!!! These kits are good slumpbusters... Except for the occasional tire fit issue, they seem to almost fall together. That is a nice, clean build! A sweet looking tractor!

That looks great man, these kits are great because of the price it makes people a little easier to experiment and try building things different and cutting in and stretching frames, the price makes the model all more forgiving I suppose. Heck I've built 3 of th Pete's and two of the kws I like them

This^ is exactly why I love these particular kits! I'm getting ready to stretch another W900 frame 2 1/2" so I can mount a cargo box from the Louisville kit... These frames stretch very easily because you can ADD the frames flanges as one long piece thereby staggering you splices making it very strong. By adding a filler sideplate of .040 sheet and full length flanges out of .040x.125 stock, this makes the frames almost bulletproof.

Brian, I saved these pics to my model truck folder. This is too cool a truck to not be in my screensaver!

Edited by Wagoneer81

• 2 weeks later...

slammed together/ niice job, i ended up using some of this kits parts or, well parts. the way they redesigned the tiers and wheels with 3 holes messed me up and after the rims didn't look good, i gave up. same frame color, interiot is all flocked and dressed but those lil things ug. nice work.