Model Cars Magazine Forum

MPC Daytona Transport Truck

tbusch

Anybody here remember a couple of Phantom transporter trucks being built out of Bill Cushenberry's / A M T's Shillouette/ trailer combination in the 60's ? I remember seeing a nice conversion in one of the model magazines once . This piece of M P C history is just the icing ! Ed Shaver

I was reading the obscure kits thread, and someone mentioned that this oddity was going to be reissued.

Whats the background of this kit? Is this a good kit or a crappy one? Is it decently detailed or is it typical MPC molded in junk? Does it assemble well or is filddy like MPC's show customs of the period?

This thang looks kinda cool for some car wicked hauler. If it's a good kit and worth the $35 they'll probably charge for it, does anyone know a release date and what engine it contains? I cant find anything about this kit on R2's site

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought one a few years ago off of e-bay, and lets say it wasnt cheap. Its cool as a whole, but there is a lot to be disired, like the 6 cylinder overhead cam all chrome engine, and all in 1 interior bucket. Mine is missing some parts so in the stash it went.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah.... definitely going to have to get one of these.

it would look nice hauling my mpc deora around

The same thoughts i have while i'm reading this thread! Just watching the kits on ebay for a long time...Must have one - a very coooooool truck.