Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's your preference?

I want to bo on a cover with a swimsuit model admiring my latest build....but seriously, I'd love a cover shot. I have a few trophies, but the first time I saw one of kits in print.....WOOHOO! What a rush.......so yeah, give me a cover.......and the girl

I enter a lot of 1:1 car show and have won my share of trophies,Best of Show,Best Interior,Best stock appearing engine,Best paint and all. Even went undefeated at Mopars in the Park during the mid 90s with my 64 Fury Convertible. You can have all the trophies/plaques you want, the best would be a Magazine shoot and over the top would be a cover shoot. Just didn't happen. Now it on to models which I will never get even a picture in a magazine because "Box Stock" doesn't get too many shoots.

I build mostly because I like to. I have entered a few contests in the past and won a few plaques and a ribbon...I'm done with contests. I wouldn't mind seeing one of my models on a magazine cover, but I see much better builds than I can do that deserve it. So, neither is really that important to me as long as I'm happy with the end result.

I've had my share of trophies over the past 20 years, and, I've been lucky enough to have had about a dozen of my models pictured in various model and 1:1 car magazines over that same time period. I've also been fortunate to have had a feature in a magazine over 12 years ago. (I'm NOT trying to brag here) I honestly feel that getting your model pictured in a magazine is way more gratifying than winning a trophy because your work is exposed to such a larger audience than at a show. Winning awards is cool and definitely fun, but getting a picture of your model published is way cooler.

I usually build a model the way I would have it in 1:1 scale. But I have also been fortunate to have won several trophys and even had a pucture of a '56 Chev 210 I built in another magazines " contest issue " a couple of years ago. All can make your chest puffup a bit. But most of all I just injoy building models for my self.