Model Cars Magazine Forum

moebius 55 chrysler mild Custom

MachinistMark

started it yesterday, won it as a prize in the hobby show i entered my 48 ford in.

so far ive lowered the front suspension about 4 scale inches, enough to get the fender lip level with the top of the wheel. the front end has been nosed and decked, and the fenders have been removed of some of their jewellery. colours will be a dark candy blue with a bright blue metal flake roof. gonna be using the kit wires and knockoffs. engine will be wired and plumbed.

pics later tonight when i get home.

Edited by MachinistMark

there are VERY few 50's cars that look good chopped in my opinion, so no. it wont be getting chopped.

i tried the brush a little lacquer thinner trick over the shaved trim trick, well see how it worked when i re primer it tomorrow.

pics:

Nosed:

img2372n.jpg

Rear fenders shaved:

img2368if.jpg

Stance shot:

img2365f.jpg

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

there are VERY few 50's cars that look good chopped in my opinion, so no. it wont be getting chopped.

I agree Mark. Outside of the 49-50 Mercs (and they don't look bad stock height) I think the stylists in the 50's got them right the first time. Like where you're going with this.