Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '50 Oldsmobile Club Coupe 2'n1

I think that's not too much from new kit, at least here in Finland where kits are of course, a bit more pricey... Many kits that are not even new, cost the same here in Finland. I find that pretty normal price?

So, I did not write this as a critic, I'd like to hear about the prices of Model kits in the USA. Are they much different in Local Hobby Shops, than in Model Express, for example? Just curios and I'd like to hear more. I paid 2011 winter from Revell Kenworth W900 and Revell '65 Stepside 35 Bucks, but they were in discount (Hobby Lobby). But what about the normal pricing?

I've found current normal pricing through US online vendors for current (Revell, AMT, Moiebus) kits is around $18-22 USD or so, and local hobby shops here in the Phoenix area tend to be $22-27 USD or so. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby so I can't comment on their pricing.

Edited by Rob Hall

I've found current normal pricing through US online vendors for current (Revell, AMT, Moiebus) kits is around $18-22 USD or so, and local hobby shops here in the Phoenix area tend to be $22-27 USD or so. I don't shop at Hobby Lobby so I can't comment on their pricing.

$26.95 at Hobby Despot (not including government-imposed penalties).

(Got mine yestiddy.) :D

They're now sold out of the first shipment; more back-ordered.

B)

Edited by Danno

$26.95 at Hobby Despot (not including government-imposed penalties).

(Got mine yestiddy.) :D

They're now sold out of the first shipment; more back-ordered.

B)

That's where I got mine Monday...I had 'em hold me one back. Got mine for $16.95 because my punch card was full.. :)

Guest G Holding

I picked two up at the 3 Rivers Show on Sunday . To say that I'm extremely pleased with the kit would be an understatement ! Cut one up already , all of the parts are bagged for sanding .

A bit of mold line on the trunk and below the roof on the upper portion of the rear quarters can be taken care of in no time . The hood needs a bit of fill in where the hinge mounts came through .Otherewise , it's a well done kit , well worth the money spent .

First build will be pro street , next , who knows ? Anyone that bashes this kit needs another frontal lobotomy cause the first one didn't take !

Thanks Donn....Truth!

Got mine on hold at King Kong Hobbies, $24,99. I cant believe they only ordered one I got lucky when I called I guess. I will pick it up sometime between Saturday and Monday.

Edited by midnightprowler

Got mine on Tuesday, when I called to see if they were in yet, they only got two in, out of six they ordered so I got mine (the first of at least three I want for parts to build a few ideas), after checking out the contents, I can see a lot of these greenhouses showing up on some '51 Chevy Bel-Air kits, & at least a few of those grilles showing up on some period customs, now, where did I put that old Anglia kit, I want the short block with the Hydra-matic to build a model of the coupe my late cousin owned in the sixties. Just disappointed that we didn't get the 3x2 set up there are at least two copies of relatives cars that had that set up on'em that I want to build as surprise gifts. Got any ideas as to how & duplicate the old transparent red fuel line tubing from back then, & the red spark transparent red spark plug wires also? Thanks for all of the ideas I know I'll get.

Just disappointed that we didn't get the 3x2 set up there are at least two copies of relatives cars that had that set up on'em that I want to build as surprise gifts.

The 3X2 setup on the Olds engine in the AMT '40 Ford Tudor kit will work perfectly, but that 3X2 as a factory J2 option was '57-'58 only.

On a whim, I stopped by the Spare Time Shop after school (and scolding kids all day...the hazards of teaching before a long weekend,) and one of the three or four (including mine) he ordered showed up, so I grabbed with the Bill and Len-recommended green for the engine.

I'm still poking through it, but overall, I really like what I see. The design looks right, and the molding is done well. I was also impressed with the packaging.

I'm not too thrilled with the decal Oldsmobile and rocket script/trim, though. Mine, anyway, looked a little off-register. I really do hope that someone comes out with some photo-etch. Those alone will make what looks like a nice model really good.

Charlie Larkin

Are they still producing etched sets?

Of all the new tool kits (Revell '62 Impala, Moebius Hudson, 300, etc.) released lately, I haven't seen any detail sets for any of them :(

Thats what I was thinking. MCG seems to be making all of the sets they have offered in the past but its been several years since they have done any new sets.

Thats what I was thinking. MCG seems to be making all of the sets they have offered in the past but its been several years since they have done any new sets.

Bob mentioned on Revell's facebook page, in the '62 Vette announcement post, that MCG is doing a set for the Vette. Maybe they made a set for the Pro Modeler '59 Vette previously?

Pure genius.

Thank a former member, Donnie Boger, for that tip.

This kit, IMHO, is so "in your face" to the Japanese kit makers. Revell has given Mobius a run for their money. I think it is simply the best kit AI have ever seen Revell tool up. The engraving is very clean and sharp, mold lines are a minimum. Kudos Revell. Even the fan blades are realisically thin. My only real beefs are no tampo printed tires, not a big deal really, and no underhood bracing engraving, otherwise this is a grand slam! Casey, where can you get that fishing line, and what is the price on it?

Thanks for the great Unboxing video, Doctor! This kit looks like Must Have. Needs to get some money for it and try to find one from Finland. Your comments about this kit are so great, that I can't wait to have one. While waiting, I might start the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. B)