Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie Limited's '48 Chevy Coupe

OK... If this is for real, where might we find these '47 Chevy coupe kits...??? This is the first I've heard of them, and no, I don't live under a rock... LOL.

They are actually '48s. The OP, I believe, made a mistake. The '48s are available from Galaxie Limited - there is a link posted above.

If they do them like the Aerosedan and Sedan Delivery kits, they should be able to be built as '46, '47, and '48, as the only main differences were in the grille and minor trim changes. The chassis and engine should be the same as the earlier kits, as the 1:1 used the shame chassis for all bodies.

They are actually '48s. The OP, I believe, made a mistake. The '48s are available from Galaxie Limited - there is a link posted above.

Yes and No. The Aerosedan and Sedan Delivery are available directly from Galaxie Limited, but this NEW Coupe kit isn't out yet, hence the "First Test Shot" note on the NNL entry form.

Roger, I have one each of of the Delivery and Sedan kits, you won't be disappointed with the Coupe. The molding quality is at the same level as Tamiya and Fujimi kits. Very crisp. Only complaints I can make is that the doghouse assembly is a little finicky to fit, and the optional metal transfer trim for the fenders does not mount very easily to the curved fenders.

Edited by Longbox55

OK. The link works for me and I don't know how to actually post a pic. The usual tricks wouldn't work. The only differences will be the body and the interior. Actually, the Aerosedan interior will fit too. There will also be a woody trim option. Kit should be here at year's end. Galaxie is one guy, not some huge company with tons of cash.

Edited by lordairgtar

• 10 months later...

Refurbished old tool of '51 Chev convertible?

That's a hardtop or coupe. The lines on the "roof" on the rightmost piece are the headliner bows. Looks like you can faintly make out a B-pillar, but without the side pieces present, it's hard to tell for sure. Definitely early to mid '50s, though.

What else can you share, Gregg?

Its a little older than than, more like late 40's! I likeie!

Oh duh, it's probably Galaxie Limited's long-awaited '48 Chevy Coupe. Gregg posted pics of Galaxie Limited's '48 Chevy Coupe test shot build from last years Milwaukee NNL, so maybe...

Start spillin' the beans, Gregg!! :lol: