Model Cars Magazine Forum

Galaxie Limited's '48 Chevy Coupe

Sworn to secrecy?

Hasn't occurred to anyone?

Gary asked them not to? (Although I don't see that, but I could be wrong.)

Charlie Larkin

Here's a link to photos of the test shot... http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/first-look-at-all-n/new-galaxie-limited-1/new-galaxie-limited/

And a photo of the new parts.... DSC_0474-vi.jpg

Best regards...TIM

.... galaxie go for a 41 chevy next please

Wild...you are SO correct....now that he has the basic body casting for the Coupe ( which includes the '41 doors under the separate added '48 fender extensions), this '41 Chevy variant is more possible than ever before. TB

*DROOL*

Art Deco cars are among my favorites- I love 1940s cars- the shapes, the trimming, the dignified air even the most inexpensive cars had among them.

That is one pretty car.

I remember one of the model years had a very pretty gray/medium blue two-tone. I think I'm going to do that.

Charlie Larkin

Is it going to be molded in the red color? I hope not...

saw a half assembled test shot Darryl Gassaway had with him at NNL, it looked pretty nice though not really my cuppa.

jb

JB - if you are referring to the test shot I showed, the red styrene was used just for test shot purposes.

The actual kit should be a more neutral color, presumably similar to that used in previous Galaxie kits...TIM

• 1 month later...

I talked with the owner of Galaxie last night and he had builds of all the Galaxie kits on display. He told me that the new '48 Chevy Coupe should be on the shelves in August. Also the Aerosedan will be re-issued with the woody side trim option. The Galaxie built ups looked gorgeous, and the coupe sat low 'n black with hub caps on steelies and was ready to haul some "shine."

Nick - Tell us more. Will it be like their great Chevy kits? Where they can be built stock, or with cool vintage speed equipment? And why are they doing this car? It seems a little too close to what has been offered by Revell in recent years, and IMC/Testors in the past. Where no one had done the '48 Chevys before.

I'm also a touch worried. They have reissued several old kits, like Monogram's Long John Dragster. Which I like. I hope they are not planning on dusting off and reissuing the old IMC kits. If they are, I'll be avoiding those like the plague. If they are all new kits, like their Chevys, even though I'm not overly interested in the subject, I'll consider buy at least one.

Scott Aho

Edited by unclescott58

I think someone said they would like to see a convertible, not that one is coming yet.

Also a convertible will be coming.

Anyone can e-mail Gary at Galaxie Limited and ask him any questions directly, too: GALAXIELTD@msn.com

I stand corrected, but remember it took almost 20 years to get the coupe.

Very true. I think Gregg Kluck would be the best person here on the forum to answer, but I have e-mailed Gary at Galaxie and he's always been quick to reply, so it's one of those rare situations where you can have a direct line to the main person behind the company.

As mentioned before, the Chevy Coupe will be on the shelves this August. It will be like their other great Chevy kits, but I doubt if there will be vintage speed equipment added. I also believe there will be an article on the '48 Chevy Coupe in the "other mag" that will be out in a couple of weeks. The sedan with the woody option is also forthcoming as well as a convertible kit. Now Jim, what else do you want to know? Gary Schmidt was at the NNL the other night and would have answered ALL your questions.