Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Teracruzer with Missile and Command Crew by RENWAL

13 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anyone have information on this one? I know it's in 1/32nd scale, but the truck looks super cool. It just arrived at Model Round Up.

The price is hefty, but it brings all those goodies, enough to make a diorama out of it.

http://www.modelroundup.com/product-p/rmx-7812.htm

Posted · Report post

278 parts in 1/32nd :blink:

Posted · Report post

I have the old Revell History makers issue of the kit. It's huge and may never build it. A year ago you could sell them for $200 easy.......maybe I should have....but I did not think RM would ever re-issue this!!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Virgil,

I built one of these quite a few years ago when it was a repopped Revell kit (history Makers). It was inexpensive and somewhat nosthalgic (since I remember them in their original kit form when I was a kid) so ,although it wasn't my typical area of interest, I built it 'box stock', painting it the colors suggested on the kit, and found it quite simple but satisfying.......I still like it, and keep it in a dust-free cabinet.

The doors open, front wheel bogie steers (poseable), and the missile launching mechanism articulates and raises for firing.

P4190059.jpg

Edited by traditional

Posted · Report post

That build up looks great ! I had one of these as a youngster many. many years ago. I don't recall that I ever finished it.

Posted · Report post

Wow... that would make a heckuva zombie hunter-mobile... ;)

Posted · Report post

I know some one with a slightly lower price.

I hope to get one.

Not really into Military, but that one is 1/32 instead of the regular 1/35 of military kits.

Posted · Report post

Thank you, and Clifford that looks great. It sounds like it's a wonderful kit. I'm holding off on it right now because of the price, but I might be able to get one for the Holidays.

Posted · Report post

I have one here that I built years ago. Michaels had it on a sidewalk sale for only 10.00! There's a bunch of working features! The front bogie steers, all suspensions articulate, the missile cradle raises and lowers, landing gear on the trailer raises and lowers and the cab doors open. The only thing I have left to do on mine is put the decals on, if they're still good? I'll probably start watching for a new set. It's a really cool model and was really fun to build!

Posted · Report post

I have been working on one it is massive but very cool.

20120413_192416.jpg

20120411_192913.jpg

20120413_192322.jpg

20120413_192356.jpg

Posted · Report post

Great pictures, Adam. Thank you for sharing.

Posted · Report post

The airframe of that missile would make a cool land speed racer. ;)