Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okay, its been long time since i did any kind of hot rod build but now its going to be change. The kit is Lindberg's '34 Ford Pick up. I got this one from my dad and it was fresh kit. This is going to be 50's style hot rod so the engine will be Chevy 348 which is from Amt '59 El Camino. Wheels and front tires are from this kit and the rear tires are from my parts box. I also filled that hole of fender because it looks so ugly to me. :D It need some bondo and work but slowly it going to be ready for paint. Wheels are going to be red and body color could be semigloss black. Anykind of shine body color will not be preclued so some ideas of color are welcome. ;)

Here's couple of pics what is going now.

34FordPickup001.jpg?t=1334858770

34FordPickup002.jpg?t=1334858784

34FordPickup004.jpg?t=1334858846

34FordPickup005.jpg?t=1334858859

This looks very interesting so far, I'll be watching this one for sure. Wheel and tire choice is perfect, and I like what you've done for the spare tire cover (or what it is), since I removed that too on my build.

Thanks fellas! :)

Small update. Wheels are painted and i painted to front tires whitewalls. I also painted some engine parts with silver like valve covers, carburetors, intake manifold and transmission. Now i had to put plug wires and fuel line before that I can finish the engine.

34FordPickup001-1.jpg?t=1335100274

34FordPickup002-1.jpg?t=1335100377

Okay yesterday evening i did the fuel line to engine and painted tohse white walls to rear tires. I'm very happy to result. Today i put distributor, plug wires, starter motor, belts and alternator to engine. I also start to made somekind of headers but i dont have any pics of those yet. Before i can return engine assembly i had to make bracket to alternator.

34FordPickup001-2.jpg?t=1335290700

34FordPickup003-1.jpg?t=1335292168

34FordPickup004-1.jpg?t=1335292217