Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pacer Pick up

Karmodeler2

Hey Dave, how's it going? Good to see you here.

The Pacer is cool 8) ! I sold a built Pacer wagon (one that I built in the late 70's; silver, red/white interior, woodgrain decor...) to a friend who started the same "El Pacero" kind of conversion, but he never got very far with it.

Quick question about the seats-in most views they look color-matched, light green and white. In the rear view they look brown (I see the glass is tinted, but the steering wheel looks white).

I is cornfused :lol: Did you change them out, or am I just seeing things?

Hey Bob,

the rear window is tinted using Future and a black resin tint and the front one is tinted using Future and a green resin tint. It's the only thing that I have found that is compatible with Future. The dash is the SAME color as the car and seats, but the front glass, with it's tint, causes it to look different. The wheel is white and the seats are an almond color.

Okay, so who really built this model??

Good question Bob. Being computer illiterate, I responded while I was at Mark's house (I'm out here on a trip with work) and he told me NOT to do what I did, but I was stupid and forgot to check what people were saying under MY name, not his. The following two responses were from me, not Mark. I, David Morton, being of sound mind and, well....not sound mind, but, somewhat older body.....well, anyway, before I digress further, I built the d@#$ thing.

Posted: Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:09 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the kind words...This one was easy 'cause of the suede paint job...didn't have to spend hours of buffing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Thu 28 Jun, 2007 8:12 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the kind words, I actually got the idea from the metal master himself...Morgan Barclay. He has been an inspiration to me, but I work in plastic...cause it's easier!

A car that has always looked like an upside down bathtub now looks like one from the top as well. Install a black plastic liner in the new bed and add a Campus Friend figure.

A neat build of an unusual model. Well done.

Rob W

• 6 years later...

In fact, looking at it again, I'd bet that if someone produced that exact car in real life, it would sell pretty well. It's definitely diferent!

There was a 1:1 on eBay not too long ago. I think it was done in red. Don't remember where it was selling from or if it sold. I'm sure more than one person has actually made a real one.