Model Cars Magazine Forum

MY TURBO INTERCEPTOR

wraith

Picked up afile set to give the problem areas a lil more body work. I also have scratchbuilt the front knuckels to hold the rotors and wheels! And YES! She will roll! I don't like building models that dont roll! Right now i am waiting on the JB Weld to dry to I can finish the body work. Pics as soon as I can find mt camera cord.

now some pics

here i have filed the side of the fog light opening on the pass side. you can see the difference on the driver side. the edge of the opening is too close to the fog light. I need to pick up some googlely eyes foe the fog light lenses.

GEDC0823.jpg

both sides done

GEDC0829.jpg

pics of the wheels and rotors. the wheels will be painted gunmetal.

GEDC0815.jpg

some VIPER floor mats. i cut the floor out of a interior tub of a diecast the went bye bye years ago. sanded them as thin as I could get them. I think they will liven up the interior a lil bit.

GEDC0819.jpg

a side view of her with her new wheels mocked up in place. the suspension/chassis is almost ready to be painted and detailed. Need to make some wheel wells yet and then the wheels can get put on for good. it was a simple suspension but making sure everything was the right height took some careful measuring.

GEDC0827.jpg

and just a cool pic!

GEDC0825.jpg

Edited by wraith

very cool project!! i like it alot!

i have a "movie car" build in mind, ive been thinkin about it for a long time.... the car woody harrelson drove in the movie "kingpin" 70/71 olds cutlass convertible, and it is just trashed! LOL one of these days ill get to it....

keep `er goin!

bryan m

debating on weither or not to prime the body before the silver base coat and then the deep amethtyst pearl top coat and then clear coat. the body panel lines are not too deep. i dont want to wash them out.

Anyone have any ideas? if so please come forward! she is almost ready for primer (maybe) and paint.

and do I keep the hood, roof, trunk lid and rear spoiler satin black or just the hood satin black? I am having a hard time deciding. opinions welcome on that as well.

Ordered my Deep Amethyst Pearl paint today! Have to finish cleaning up the body and get her ready for primer. base silver coat and paint! Still touching up the chassis as well. Hoping to have her dome this coming weekend!

Is that the same paint as the plymoth prowler purple. If so i wished I knew because I have 4 cans of spray in that color. Edited by hotrod59f100

Is that the same paint as the plymoth prowler purple. If soi wished I knew cuz I have 4 cans of spray in that color.

Nope. the prowler purple was only used on the prowler.

this is the purple (deep amethyst) that this will be

a bad pic of the color, but it looks sweet and waxed!

cb1022.jpg

slow going progress. both front and rear wheel wells are bing more of a challenge than I thought they would be. PLus my free time has been going to my real vehicle lately. Hoping to get this done before the 1st of the month so it can go with me and be put in the model car shop at the Mopar show I will be going to.

Is there something I am missing here?How is this dodge like the one in the movie?I am not trying to be sarcastic,I am just very confused.

As stated in my opening post THIS IS MY VERSION of the Turbo Interceptor.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking to get this done real soon!

I got sidetracked with summer and vacation and working on real cars!

Summer has been a blast! sad to see it end soon!

Put lots of work into my real cars this summer. Looking forward to getting back to plastic soon!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Neons FTW! I have an '01 R/T that is a project of mine. Wish I could afford an SRT-4 :( Model is lookin' good!

yes! neons FTW!!!!!!!! love them!

still not finished. might get to work on her this weekend! nice 5 day oayoff from work and some motivation from seeing it on my bench everyday. this is the one model that has not been boxed up and put back in the finish pyle. she stays on the bench and stares at me. hoping to get finished even as a new project takes off! someday i hope to see her done and soon as well as a few other models. need to finish one every now and then! lol!

I liked the movie, one of those 2:00 on a Saturday movies. Looking forward to seeing the finnished product. I have seen a diecast of the movie turbo-interceptor at Michaels. Good deal with the 40% off coupon.

looks like I might have to head to mIchaels!

How long ago di dyou see it there?