Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desert Scale

martinfan5

Just wanted to say what a great turn out for the Desert Scale show today, there were just over 330 entrys I think, (its late, dont recall the exact number), a lot, and I mean a lot of great builds, and that made the judging process very hard.

MCM's very own Romell was on hand, with some of his build, very impressive in person, and it was a pleasure to meet him, and to get to talk with him a for a little bit.

The BBQ at Danno's house was just as great, him and his wife put on one heck a BBQ, the food was great, thanks to Dan and his wife for the hard work they put in for it.

MCM was on hand taking pics, and there are going to be some great builds going up for consideration for the magazine.

Romell will be posting a group pic we all took at Dans house, as well as I know he was taking pics at the show, so he might post some eye candy, maybe if you ask him nicely lol

It was a long day, but fun, and everyone from the Cactus Model Car Club, who puts this event on, Bernie, Dan, and Dale worked there butts off to put this show on, and rest of the club members as well.

Edited by martinfan5

This whole day couldn't have been any better. I had the opportunity to meet up with Romell, John Teresi, Art Laski, TimP, Chris Sobak, Aaron Baldea and a host of other top builders. I really enjoyed myself and can't believe the number and quality of the builds on the tables. It was truly mind-boggling. A big thank you for the hosts and promotors of this fine event. Each year gets more refined and better organized. My hats off to everyone involved. The vendor tables were many and I even was cooerced into buying a couple 1/16th scale kits. Pix to follow.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for the kind words, Johnathan! You deserve kudos, too. You worked your tail off ... and ... still gave it all by being our "surprise" at the barbeque!

For those who were unable to attend, Johnathan operates a DJ/music service ... he brought his gear to Casa Baker and entertained the gathered troops with all the proper period car songs and beach music and oldies.

It was a GREAT TIME!!!

Thanks fo all who contributed and thanks to all who attended. What a super wrap-up to the 8th Desert Scale Classic!! Having 75-80 good friends, old friends, and new friends enjoy the barbeque in the desert evening, with the roaring pinon fire, and Jonathan's music machine ... It just doesn't get any better!!!!

CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR!

B)

I have to say what an awesome show this was. A big thanks goes out to the Cactus Car Model club as well as the Moonlight Modelers. This event was was a great one. There were many beautiful builds at this show. It was great being able to hang out with with the many people from the boards, Romell, John Teresi, Art Laski and many others. I also wanted to Danno again for opening up his home after the show for an awesome BBQ and to Jonathan for doing an awesome DJ job. Thanks everyone for showing up to the show and making it a fun one.

What a great DSC 2012 was........thank you Cactus Car Model Club, Moonlight Modelers and everyone else that put on this great show......Congrats to all the winners ......it was great to see old and new friends again.......and also a big thank you to Danno and his wife......for inviting everyone into there beautiful home for the best barbecue I have been to.

What a great show! It was my first, certainly not my last. I had the distinct pleasure of hanging out with Rommel Robinson, John Teresi, Brad Norgaard, Art Laski, Chris Sobak and many others. Some really awesome builds on the tables. Thanks to Danno and his lovely wife for opening their house to us. The BBQ and the company were great. THANK YOU!!!

Thanks, guys, for letting this "born-again" modeler hang out with you all!

Have A Great Day!!!

Brad, thanks for posting the pics, I wonder who will be staying in your trailer next year :lol:

Congrats to yourself as well for picking up an award, remind me at the next meeting to tell you about one the categorys

Edited by martinfan5

I also want to thank all of the Arizonians for the great hospitality and making my first DSC a memorable one. It was great to put all the faces to the names and see the great builds you guys do. Jonathan, we didn't get to meet personally, but I did enjoy your work at the BBQ!

Thanks again, guys...

Art

I forgot to thank someone else, Danno's son, for helping me unload all my equipment, and thanks to Brad, and Bernie, for helping me get it all back out to the truck.

Art, I didnt get a chance to meet all the out of towner's like I wanted too, and thank you, next time we will meet

Edited by martinfan5