Model Cars Magazine Forum

Arizona's DSC Whata Great Bunch O Guys

Hey Guys I just got back from the show in Arazona and I gotta tell ya I had a great time!!!

We arrived in AZ around 2:am in the morning but Brad Norgaard (Gasser69) was so kool about waiting up for us. He was kind enough to let us stay in his restored Airsteam trailer.

Brad and I at Crazy Otto's right before Chris (mooneyes) got there. we were all meeting for breakfast.

donedealbuttoned004.jpg

and this is his beautiful trailer which had all the comforts of a 5 start hotel.

donedealbuttoned001.jpg

the show was outstanding and had over 300 entries there were lots of great builds there and just as many great guys many of whom are members here at MCM heres just a few of those great guys....

donedealbuttoned069.jpg

And to be honest I dont remember everyones name so ill let those guys figure out how to tell you where they stand in the pic

donedealbuttoned074.jpg

Now about the show.

John T. took home so many trophies that we had to go to the local Home Depot to hire some guys to pack em all up and move em back to California. John deserved every award he got too hes a great builder and a great guy! Chris Sobek (mooneyes) also took home a few as well as Brad Norgaard, Art Lasky (sorry if I miss spelled your name buddy) Anthony Rios, and myself (which was a total supprize).

donedealbuttoned071.jpg

the swap meet was great and there was something for evey one I even picked up a project I had been wanting to do for quite some time. Now i can make it a reality

donedealbuttoned067.jpg

Let me tell you the people of the Arazona DSC made us feel right at home and I'd like to thank the entire crew for there efforts and hospitality. Now here a slide show so you can see some of the nice builds

http://s179.photobuc...mview=slideshow

It was great meeting you Rommel you California modelers have really inspired me personally to raise my bar and become a better modeler. That's me just behind you in the picture .I hope to be at next years Roadster show and like John Teresi I will be at able to load the tables LOL with my models .have a good year see you in the future Gabriel .

It was great to have you with us Romell and even better meeting you and hanging with you. Next year, same itinerary, OK? Although it would be better if you arrived a bit earlier. :)

BTW - that's me next to Mark the tree in the back with the white T shirt.

Art Lasky (sorry if I miss spelled your name buddy)

Aww, it's OK with me, just don't tell Roadkill2525.

Again, it was a great show and the BBQ was very good also. I definitely hope to make it again next year.

I'm on the far left in the BBQ shot with the Sobak doo. :D

It was a pleasure to meet and hang out with you Rommell. Your builds are even greater in person! Thanks for posting up the pics.

I'm in the second row, second from left, kneeling next to "Mark the Tree" in the BBQ shot.

Edited by Uncle Keith

I am the Short Bald guy in the red shirt :lol: . Romell... It was a pleasure getting to meet you as well as the many other guys that came down from California. I had the pleasure of meeting John Teresi and Art Laski at the NNL West in Santa Clara this past Feburary and it was great to be able to see you guys again. Art... love the hair do man.... us bald guys gotta stick together ;)

Hey Now...

The Show was completely over the top... If any of you missed this event plan on going next year... I am a Life'r after this weekend... The online registration work real fine... Great show... Thanx for the hospitality from Cactus Car Modelers and Moonlight Modelers... Also here couple pics of bringing home the hardware... Congrats also to "Back Seat Bob" and "John Teresi" for helping out to pick up the rest of the hardware... Where I could not accomplish that task...

BTW... FuelishSpectator with the Cash and Hawaiian Print Shirt behind John Teresi...

Click on the link to see Pics..

http://public.fotki.com/jth109/2012-desert-scale-c/

3.2.1. Fuelish

DSCF0118.jpgDSCF0116.jpg

I am left of Johnathon who is left of Mark the tree. It was great to meet you Rommel. Your Eleanor will arrive soon. It was a great show. I Just can't thank Bernie and Mike Cholewa, Renee and others who are involved with all the real business end of the yearly shows creation. I do come and help set up but there is much more to it than my eyes see.

Thanks also to Daryl for coming to take pics and to Kurt who was helping him. Kurt if you are out there please PM me. I need some contact info for Eleanor.

Hello......I had such a great time at this years DSC........our Arizona neighbors are such are great group of guys and gals......they always welcome us with open arms.........and go all out on a fantastic BBQ afterwards......the on line pre-registration was a hit........all you need to do is just walk up .......hand them the fee ......and they have all your registration cards filled out for you with no problems AWESOME!!!!!.........the swap meet is killer with great prices......I am the guy in the dark blue t`shirt on the right between Fuellish Spectator and Rusty on the right .......they also throw on a killer show the "Citrus National`s" in Cal........ which is in 3 weeks May 19th..........and Hollywood Jim is next to me sitting down .......note* that there are a few empty chairs........for somemore people at next years DSC 2013..........don`t miss it :)

Yes...without any doubt, one of the coolestand best shows I've been present in the states...And I can't forget about the hospitality and good friendship at the aftershow BBQ...Maybe I'll be back in a couple of years!...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Romell you look awfully happy with that new Funny car kit in your hands. Hmmm, wonder what's next? Look there I am, standing next too Brad white hair and all.

Hey Greg just imagine a 1/16th scale version of the 70's funny car CopOut all done up with a brass chassis and full detail and you'll be imaging my project. And youre right I was a happy camper it was also good to meet you in person.