Model Cars Magazine Forum

RoG Ferrari 288 GTO

kurth

I've decided to try building some ferraris. This is a Revell of germany boxing of an Italieri kit.

I just don't like to paint red, so I decided on Orange mist. :D

I heard a lot of good things about duplicolor touch up paint so I figured I would give it a try. The paint went on very well, I was pleasantly surprised.

P6280075-vi.jpg

P6280074-vi.jpg

Ok, back to bench to finish cleaning up parts to prepare for a few rounds of parts painting.

Thanks for looking.

---------

--Kurt Hollenbach

Interesting choice for a color but I think it's going to look sharp. I just picked this kit up a week ago while on a trip but haven't even opened the box yet. I have to many kits on the go at the moment so will set this one aside for the future.

I look forward to seeing yours finished and hearing about any problems you had.

rob w

Thi gold sounds to me like a base for the Orange Mist. One of my all time favorite street Ferraris too. I remembers me the back to the 80's Magnum P.I. TV series

Simon Rivera

Cool! Very interesting color. One of my all time favorite cars.

Mine is in primer, but I confess: it will be Rosso Corsa RED :D

Are you going to leave the engine lid on?

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

I'm moving right along with this kit. It is falling together nicely.

At one point I misplaced the Chrome tree. After looking into getting a replacement, I found it, but I have now hopelessly lost the decal sheet, I ordered one from Revell but who knows how long it will be.

Since my first post on this, wow a month ago, I have clear coated and polished the body, painted all the parts, and have pretty much completed assembly except for the interior, which I need the decal sheet for. With a lot of guidance from Ismael I painted the black trim. Here are a few pictures

The paint polished up really well

IMGP0206-vi.jpg

The engine:

IMGP0277-vi.jpg

Assembled Chassis , at this point the model was pretty much falling together

IMGP0286-vi.jpg

Black trim painted:

IMGP0566-vi.jpg

On it's wheels!

IMGP0582-vi.jpg

I forgot to paint the mirrors when I was painting the body, so they are in the paint shop now. Once I get the decals I am ready for final assembly.

Thanks for looking

This is what I consider a perfect model car, a nice looking car, well build with just only with the parts that came in the box. Just to add personal ability and taste....an I haven't seen the model finished!

Simon Rivera

Wow, Thanks, that's quite a complement. :D I'll post pictures when it is done.

This is what I consider a perfect model car, a nice looking car, well build with just only with the parts that came in the box. Just to add personal ability and taste....an I haven't seen the model finished!

Simon Rivera

Hoooray! It's done

Here is a quick picture on the bench. I will do a full centerfold photo shoot soon

IMGP0633-vi.jpg

A good kit, enjoyable to build. I had a few set backs, somewhat self inflicted... (misplacing parts)

The one thing that I didn't like about this kit was the abundance of large ejector pin marks in places that made it very difficult to clean up. If you can deal with that. this is a wonderful kit. I just wish RoG would use regualr boxes instead of end opening boxes. then I probably would not have misplaced any parts. :P

• 6 years later...