Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 Scale 41 Willys Pro Mod

MRJ

Hi Everyone,

This is my first project in many years, built many 1/25 scale cars but with my severe arthritis the hands have a hard time. So I am going to try the 1/16 scale, I will be slow but hopefully won't bore you to much.

I received my Willys and some parts from Terry @ Flashpoint Motor Sports today and my 3/32" brass tubing so I am about ready to get it started.

Now I am not in the same league as the rest of the builders building the big scale but will give it my best.

~Mike

SAM_0029-vi.jpg

SAM_0031-vi.jpg

SAM_0032-vi.jpg

Hey Mike, welcome to Funsville. :)

Man, you sure picked a great piece for your first venture back into the hobby mate. The Willys is ULTRA kool. B)

Terry has a great range of parts too, which will help a lot along your journey.

And hey, we're all in a learning curve here....least in the 1/16 frame of things. :)

Good luck and I'm another along for the ride..... ;)

Just a small update tonight, I spent a hour or so thinning out the thick spots on the body and started the chassis which will be interesting to build as the inside of the body is oddly shaped and will be a tough challenge. Hope to get more done tomorrow.

~Mike

SAM_0036-vi.jpg

Joe, I had that table jig made 10 years ago at a local trade school for $50 solid aluminium it does a great job I only wish the threaded holes were 1/4" on center instead of 1/2" but it works.