Model Cars Magazine Forum

License plate how to?

Im looking for a site that show me how to make license plates for the models, but i cant find even tips on how to make them, i have the model of the license plate already, but my problem is the size, when i put the size to match the scale, the license plate become small an looks in scale but the letters change and its looks awful, the letters cant be read, i dont know if its the program that i use to edit the images(photosuite8.06) so if you know some tips, of the programs or the process on how to make them it'll be great thanks .......MADE007

The few license tags I have printed were from large images, and scaled down by changing the printer settings instead of the image size. You'll probably have to try a few different settings before you get the right size, but it's not difficult to do. If you have a good quality printer, you shouldn't lose any detail.

The few license tags I have printed were from large images, and scaled down by changing the printer settings instead of the image size. You'll probably have to try a few different settings before you get the right size, but it's not difficult to do. If you have a good quality printer, you shouldn't lose any detail.

Thanks for the tips, i got help from ismaelg, he told me everything that i got todo, and then i figure out what i was doing wrong, it was the printer resolution, i solved the problem thanks...........MADE007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
What did you have to change and how do you do it? I also would like to make plates but need instructions on how to do it. If you would share what you found out that would be greatly appreciated

Gary <><

Go to the printer properties, and choose the best quality there is, you can download pics of license plates and put them to scale with a photo editing program or you can scan a license plate of a decal sheet from a model