Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 Custom Cadillac (California Wheels Edition) By Revell

Dr. Cranky

I just sold the last release of that kit on eBay - surprised when it went for $48! I guess some people don't watch the "to be released" Revell announcements.

It's an interesting kit overall - I believe it's based on a diecast? Wish it had a stock option, but still cool none the less.

Isin't this the DONKS Cadillac Custom last seen 4yrs ago, but with new lowrider parts? Does anyone know the history of this kit?

The Donks was the 2nd styrene issue..before that, there was a Revell Lowrider series issue. Before that, it was a diecast.

This is what I dont like about Revell, why issue this kit or kits like it in these series, and donk series, with out a stock option, to me its just dumb, it just sucks for us that want it to be stock. So lets see, they have done this as a donk / low rider, whats next for this kit?, tuner series :lol:

This is what I dont like about Revell, why issue this kit or kits like it in these series, and donk series, with out a stock option, to me its just dumb, it just sucks for us that want it to be stock. So lets see, they have done this as a donk / low rider, whats next for this kit?, tuner series :lol:

To do it stock the body would have to be different (since the way the side trim attaches), the bumpers, grille, headlights, suspension, wheels, tires...at least 50% of the kit would be different. It's an unusual kit, an '80-84 Coupe de Ville w/ '90-92 Brougham trim...such cars do exist in 1:1, built as custom lowriders.

I'd love to see either a stock Coupe de Ville or Brougham kitted, but am not holding my breath..(neither the CdV or Brougham pictured below has the stock grille).

77-84_Cadillac_Coupe_de_Ville.jpg

1990%20Cadillac%20Fleetwood%20Brougham%20dElegance.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

That would be cool, but you know Rob, you would have to build it :P:lol:

I've made notes... :) Have an LS engine and Pegasus wheels. But, yes, to actually build it is another thing.. I'm not sure if I have modeler's block, too busy, or if I just spend too much time online...

Edited by Rob Hall

So it sounds like you are starting to plan this one out, what kit is the LS from that you are going to use, I have not used any of the pegasus wheels and tires sets, there are few that I like

I got the engine from a Revell '02 Camaro SS...and I'm thinking of going w/ 19 inch Pegasus DZs..a multi-spoke rim that looks rather classy and fit for a Caddy, IMO..probably w/o the whitewalls, though..

pgh1113.jpg