Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner COE work truck

I'm about half done with this kit, so far no real adventures. The most difficult things have been related to vague instructions, especially the stabilizer bars for the rear axle. I switched to the square tanks from the Titan 90 and painted the black along with the frame to give it a more work truck look along with going with a single stack. I'm also going to strip and paint the wheels to get rid of the chrome, I'm not sure what to do with the bumper. Even lower end trucks could have a chrome bumper and I really don't want it to be black, the blue is much darker than the pics show so something to lighten the look would be nice. I want to do some silver striping on the cab but I'm not sure what I want to do yet, since I paint with cans I want to keep it kind of simple so I don't have a lot of paint ridges.

fl1.jpg

fl2.jpg

fl3.jpg

Looks nice. I like the color.

One thing you could do with the bumper & wheels is to strip the chrome & paint them with Dupli-Color Bumper Chrome. Kind of gives them a brushed aluminum look. Tamiya Chrome Silver is nice, too; if you can find it.

Check out Model Truckin'. Jerry has lots of nice stripes for this cab. http://modeltruckin.com/store/

There are a few sets of decals on there for this kit I want. I'm going to do this kit again as a dressed up custom and will use some of his decals for sure. I got some Krylon chrome and aluminium paint but both wrinkle so bad I'm not sure I want to use them on anything until I can stop the wrinkles.