Model Cars Magazine Forum

Heres a 69 Nova

hd2500gmc

David, I might be wrong but, I think you have the heater hose going where the radiator hose goes on top of the engine. Just thought I would point that out before you get too far. The paint and engine detail look great other than that. I love the color!

Edited by rmvw guy

Sorry about that David, yeah you're right. These old eyes aren't seeing like they use to. Now I will eat my shoe. Honestly it looks better to me all the time. The hoses look right on the money. Now I'm noticeing the return spring on the carb, the neat job on the distributor and wire looms, alternator bracket and I realise you are just getting started. Please pardon me and I will cotinue to watch this build with interest.

Edited by rmvw guy

Really great looking Nova. Just my 2 cents on this hose issue. I belive that the hose on the front of the intake manifold is for the water pump bypass. The bypass hose should go from the front of the intake to the top of the water pump where the other heater hose is now mounted. As I recall the heater hose is attached to the intake manifold just to the passanger side from the top radiator hose. The other heater hose is attached to the water pump just above the lower radiator hose. Maybe you can look at a 1:1 car magazine or a shop manual to verify. Looking forward to seeing this all trimed out. SS or sleeper?

Awesome looking build ! love the late model SS wheels . the heater hose is wrong that spot would have a oil fill tube or a freeze plug to block it off . the heater hose would run right next to the rad hose near the pass side valve cover.

I don't like to pic nits but just trying to make sure the info is right . And looking at the pics it looks really good anyways. I really like the first pic in bare plasticand it sitting low that was good also