Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 69 Camaro ProMod 7/22/14 motor painted

Romell R

Jim those rims are sweet and look great. Glad to see you were able to do these. The little pockets look great.

I was wanting to make these for a long time but was not sure if I could without looking blooby. It took a while to figure out how to get all the holes lined up with the steps in all the holes. I am glad Rom had me do them now I will try for rears to mach.

Jim - Sweet looking front wheels. What's planned for the rear?

Rom - Maybe I missed it, where are the main bearings? What are you using for gasket material and whose oil will fill the pan? Talk about REALISTIC!!

On a serious note, what's planned for the induction? Full nitrous or something else?

Jim - Sweet looking front wheels. What's planned for the rear?

Rom - Maybe I missed it, where are the main bearings? What are you using for gasket material and whose oil will fill the pan? Talk about REALISTIC!!

On a serious note, what's planned for the induction? Full nitrous or something else?

Glad you asked Ted Im actually planning on making a few differant types of induction units for this block , this one will be a full nitrous but I will make a turbo intake as well as a intake that will accept a blower.All of which will also be availible to everyone. Oh and Im working on main bearing today and there will be a brass gasket between the heads.......LOL!

Hey fellas heres another update for ya I was able to get the crank seats (or bearings) done today, I also remade the tunnel ram because the first one was too big and too low heres the pics I hope you enjoy.

mainbearingsandtunnelram001.jpg

crank seated......

mainbearingsandtunnelram002.jpg

the new tunnel ram

mainbearingsandtunnelram003.jpg

mainbearingsandtunnelram004.jpg

See the old one was just too big...

mainbearingsandtunnelram005.jpg

Cya soon...... B)

Edited by Romell R

Rom, just a thought for you, but waaaaay back when I used to do a lot of 'glas fabricating, we used to fill an area with expanding foam & when we were done you would use acetone to remove the foam & you had a finished part. You could use the same method to fill your block & heads for making a master, & when done just drop them in a container of acetone, foam removed, clean parts, & best of all no epoxy residue to try & pick out. Just an ideal

Rom, just a thought for you, but waaaaay back when I used to do a lot of 'glas fabricating, we used to fill an area with expanding foam & when we were done you would use acetone to remove the foam & you had a finished part. You could use the same method to fill your block & heads for making a master, & when done just drop them in a container of acetone, foam removed, clean parts, & best of all no epoxy residue to try & pick out. Just an ideal

Thats a great Idea!!! Thanks Del ....Thats what modelling is all about.... a sharing of knowlage. B)

I just love a good mock up! dont you? This is a mock up of the Aurora Speed Shop I bought a while back , Right now the collectors are going "OH MY GOD! HE OPENED THE BOX!!" but what good is an unbuilt model? It just a box of plastic right? The plan is to use it to take my progress shots with so I guess ill fix it all up you know paint and weathering and little detail nick knacks. Like Doc Cranky alway says make some "Eye Candy"hope you enjoy.

mockups003.jpg

mockups005.jpg

mockups006.jpg

Thanks for viewing see ya soon.... B)

Edited by Romell R

Rom... i am loving the mock up buddy. I love the whole shop idea but I have to admit, I am just like you when I got the speed shop I picked up I opened mine up and checked it out by putting the walls up. I bought mine to build as well. I can't wait to see what all you have in store for us with the shop. I know its gonna be killer!!

I would have done the same thing Rom. As you know, I love a good dio and nothing makes a model stand out better than an appropriate background. The yellow walls are a bit surprising though.

they wont be yellow for long Bro I'll be painting this up soon. And hopefully spare youre eyes LOL!