Model Cars Magazine Forum

Resin parts for 1/16 mpc firebird?

Hi gang,

I have this model kit but I want to make it just like my real car. I know the kit is a 82 firebird. Mine is a 91. Is there anyone that makes the ground effects & the nose for a 91 firebird? Also my car has the 20 slot rims & I know those will be impossible to find. I was told that the ground effects could be made from styrene but the 91 nose would be a challenge. Any ideas would be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

Casey,

Yeah I found that out when I went to the hobbyshop. I never scratchbuilt anything so this is all new to me.

As for the wheels, I cant describe them. If you see any firebirds with a 20 slot mag ( mainly 90 91 ) then its my style of rim. Unfortunately I cant download a pic or I would show you what it looks like.

Brodie,

Yes those are the wheels that are on my car. I think they will be very hard to make. I'll look into something else but I want to keep it as close to my car as possible. Thanks for posting the pic.

No problem. Good luck! And if you were the one asking me before, the gauge numbers were colored with some expensive colored pencils I got at Michael's. I don't remember the brand, but they weren't cheap. If you have a Michael's around you, wait till the flyers come out and they usually have really good discount coupons on items in the store.

Yeah that was me that asked how you did the gauges. I have a Michaels close by so I will have to check them out. Thanks for the info. Looks like I will use the stock rims with the firebird model.