Model Cars Magazine Forum

Porsche 911 GT1, 1997 GTS1 Champion

surfjunke

I have always liked the graphics on the Rohr Racing Team's cars & this GT1 is a favorite. I purchased the 1/43 decals about 10 years ago from Grand Prix Models hopping one day to build this car. I have no idea who made the decals, there was no information in the package.

I finally found a donor kit on EBay this past winter with no decals. Apon receiving the Provance Moulage kit, I found some other problems as well. Very thankful for that good ol' parts bin coming to the rescue again.

I made the front winglets from aluminum flashing & added a set of Etched brakes from Renaissance. The lug nuts were from Scale Hardware withe the centers filled & painted.

The paint was mixed from Tamiya acrilics & cleared with Dupont Chroma Clear. Detail paint was done with Vallejo acrylics.

I am very happy to finally have this car in my collection & the wait was worth it. I hope you all enjoy this car as well & thank you for looking.

RidStudiosbuilds182Small-vi.jpg

RidStudiosbuilds183Small-vi.jpg

RidStudiosbuilds181Small-vi.jpg