Model Cars Magazine Forum

"She's my little Duece Coupe....... You don't know what I got"

MoparManiac318

Hello everybody. I recently started working on the Revell 32 Ford 5 Window Coupe. My goal is a 60's style street racer. It will be mildly customized. I am using the stock 5.0 Mustang V8 but I added a Wieand Blower with 4 port injector and a Hillborn 60's Style injector hat and blower belt and pulley from Competition Resins. I replaced the stock wheels and tires with 60's style slotted gasser front wheels and 60's Perelli nostalgic front tires. I used 60's style rear drag wheels and 60's M&H Race Master drag slicks all from Competition Resins. SANY0219.jpg

SANY0227.jpg

In the interior I replaced the stock shifter with a resin Skull Knob shifter from Scale Dreams.

SANY0226.jpg

SANY0225.jpg

Here are few pics of the engine and body mocked up on the frame.

SANY0233.jpg

SANY0229.jpg

Any comment or tips welcome! Thanks for looking :)

Edited by MoparManiac318

It looks great so far! Have you considered putting this into the "Cars Of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music" Community Build that I starteed a while back? It would fit right in. Nobody has "claimed" the song yet! So far the "Flatbed Ford" from The Eagles "Take It Easy", the "Sting Ray" from Jan and Dean's "Dead Man's Curve", the "Slick pick 'em Up Truck" from Brooks & Dunn's "Hillbilly Deluxe", the "Trans Am" from Sammy Hagar's "Trans Am (Highway Wonderland)", and most recently, my own "Brand New, Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge" from Jan and Dean's "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" have been completed. Think about it...

Terrific start. Keep it going.

I could never understand all the words "one thing - I got the big slip diddy"??? Or something like that.

It's 'pink slip daddy,' Jim; the message is that the guy is willing to race for 'pinks' because he holds paper to the car...and he's confident he'll win

It looks great so far! Have you considered putting this into the "Cars Of Rock 'n' Roll and Country Music" Community Build that I starteed a while back? It would fit right in. Nobody has "claimed" the song yet! So far the "Flatbed Ford" from The Eagles "Take It Easy", the "Sting Ray" from Jan and Dean's "Dead Man's Curve", the "Slick pick 'em Up Truck" from Brooks & Dunn's "Hillbilly Deluxe", the "Trans Am" from Sammy Hagar's "Trans Am (Highway Wonderland)", and most recently, my own "Brand New, Shiny Red Super Stock Dodge" from Jan and Dean's "Little Old Lady From Pasadena" have been completed. Think about it...

I've thought about adding this to your community build. Sounds like a great theme. Sign me up :) I look forward to being a part of the build!

• 1 month later...

" Pink slip Daddy", I'm glad they cleared that up because I thought it was "Big slip Daddy" all these years and talking about slicks or a clutch. LOL I just wish you were useing the "Flathead Mill". It's going to be nice anyway, can't wait to see more.