Model Cars Magazine Forum

Peterbilt 359 R/C

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see this done to a moebius lonestar. Cheers

Ben

Me too.

What do you do for a living to be able to do such great work. This build is so, so cool.

I recently started a new job as a builders assistant so I use alot of the same skills, mainly an eye for detail.

Edited by rcdave

comming along nicely can't wait to see it done. like the gsxr in your avatar.is that a yoshimora pipe on it?

I was going to say good eye but it's probably more of a guess based on the size of the pic. It's a Yoshimura RS-3 Full Stainless Pipe.

MotoGSX-R60046.jpg

Dave, we have a new king hauler, where did you get the metal parts? You did a GREAT job on the fabricating. I want a king hauler so bad. Is that costly what you are doing? You have done a supurb job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks, so far I'm in about $300 not including tools and that includes lots of parts I havn't posted yet .I got the front axle from Kit Form Services for $8 and the other metal parts are handmade.

The donor R/C truck is a Losi Micro Crawler or Trail Trekker - $80-100

Pete model kit - $20

Italeri wheels and tires are around $30

That is all you really need for $150

But tools help alot.

x-acto set - $10-50

Hand drill and tiny drill bits - $20

Tools I use too speed things up but aren't required.

Dremel - $40-100

Band Saw - $100-300

Belt Sander - $80-200

Drill Press - $100-300

Here's an update you guys should like.

The fifth wheel turned out better than I thought it would. Basically I just made it like a full size, looking at a couple of pics and diagrams, freehand cut all the parts with my Dremel. The black parts are delrin plastic and the handle is a paper clip. I felt like I was making a watch and I spent about 6-8 hours designing and building this.

MicroPete661024x768.jpg

MicroPete691024x768.jpg

MicroPete701024x768.jpg

MicroPete711024x768.jpg

MicroPete731024x768.jpg

MicroPete741024x768.jpg

MicroPete761024x768.jpg

MicroPete771024x768.jpg

MicroPete801024x768.jpg

MicroPete821024x768.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I want to do full rear fenders but I also want to see all the wheels turning sometimes so I made a rear bumper with mudflaps that I can easily remove so I can put on the fenders. I will just hold it on with a couple small drops of CA.

MicroPete851024x768.jpg

MicroPete861024x768.jpg

MicroPete871024x768.jpg

MicroPete881024x768.jpg

MicroPete901024x768.jpg

MicroPete911024x768.jpg

MicroPete931024x768.jpg

MicroPete941024x768.jpg

MicroPete961024x768.jpg

MicroPete971024x768.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dave,

Love your work. I'm a Dutch modeller building RC and static models in 1:24 scale. We ( my dad and me ) don't use donor models, but our models are completely scratch build. To build them we use brass profiles te build the frame work. We create all the parts we need by hand. I have some pictures includet to show you what we have done until now

DCP_0097-vi.jpg

this is a chassis of a MAN TGA includig a hand build diff

the diff

DCP_0094-vi.jpg

this is a picture of the chassis of a Western Star

DSC00148-vi.jpg

and some of te parts for the front and rear axles

DSC00146-vi.jpg

to give you an immage of the completed models these pictures of the MAN from below

Afbeelding_016-vi.jpg

and the Western Star

Jabbeke2008184-vi.jpg

keep up the good work, hope to see you again

Sjoerd

Hey Dave,

Love your work. I'm a Dutch modeller building RC and static models in 1:24 scale. We ( my dad and me ) don't use donor models, but our models are completely scratch build. To build them we use brass profiles te build the frame work. We create all the parts we need by hand. I have some pictures includet to show you what we have done until now

keep up the good work, hope to see you again

Sjoerd

WOW, trying to show me up on my own thread, I will allow it this once because they are impressive. j/k

I was going to say you should post a thread but I guess this isn't really a R/C forum.

• 2 weeks later...

@ Thundercat

I'm busy building not one single trailer but a b-double. The first one is a 1675 cu four axle Polar dry bulk with a fifth wheel. The second one is a 1330 cu tree axle Polar dry bulk.

DSC03711-vi.jpg

All seven axles have forced steering, chassis are build out of brass, tank is styreen

DSC03668-vi.jpg

It took me several years tom come to this. I hope you all like it

Sjoerd

• 1 month later...

Some very impressive scale engineering and craftsmanship going on into your build Dave.

Here I was thinking the mods and custom work im doing my Peterbilt was challenging,but you mate are on a whole other level when it comes to a challenge and executing it with some serious skill.

Top class work keep at it.