Model Cars Magazine Forum

57 T Bird Funnycar

Brett, try using a sealer/primer on the body, it sounds like the line is "ghosting" on you, after puttying up the front nose piece of my Nova & primering it, I noticed that the putty lines were showing up thru the primer, now I have never had anything "ghost" on me in over 40+ years of building (also never had a problem painting a different color over bodies molded in red or any other color), but I keep reading about other people having this problem & saying to use a sealer. So I went to my local Lowes & bought a can of BIN sealer/primer, tried it on the nose & the putty lines disappeared. Let me know if this helps you out at all.

Thanks guys used Future to seal it today will re prime when it stops raining. Have picked the color/ paint scheme as well but no hints pics till its done sorry, (cause its gonna be hard for me to pull it off)

All go on painting weather today

DSCF80012-2.jpg

then I thought (stoopid idea I know), I'd try something a little harder

DSCF8009-3.jpg

opps bit dark . Hows this one?

DSCF8011-2.jpg

really cheap double action no brand, I gotta get me a decent one now

Thanks Richard, also did the white paint and decals on this one too, once its been cleared I'll do the front bumper and grille

DSCF8004-6.jpg

DSCF8003-6.jpg

DSCF8002-6.jpg

got a couple more little things to do, just working on the best way to do them

thanks guys,just need to do a bit of work on the rear spoiler fit and the bodys all but done on this one. Have made the interior tin up, just needs to be painted and fitted. Not to happy with the front windscreen fit but it'll do

DSCF8011-3.jpg

DSCF8010-3.jpg

DSCF8009-4.jpg

• 1 month later...