Model Cars Magazine Forum

hacking up some late models

gonna start on the o6 camaro concept first with the 09 challenger right behind it. Be doing funny car and pro mod bodies out of both of them. They will be retaining as much as the factory look as possible eg they will still look like a camaro and challenger ( I hope) when I'm done. Couple of teaser shots, but I will be getting straight into the body work on these

DSCF80042.jpg

DSCF80052.jpg

DSCF8007-3.jpg

DSCF80012.jpg

DSCF8003-4.jpg

You mean you're going to make modern funny car bodies that actually look like the cars they're supposed to be? That's an original thought that if the 1:1 folks would do, I might watch them.

I'm looking forward to seeing them.

So far, so good Brett, pretty cool idea, now you said to start this here thing, that you were building 1 as a F/C & 1 as a P/M, but both are pictured next to a F/C chassis, from looking at the folowing pics, I take it the Camaro is going to be the F/C & the Challenger the P/M, either way, both sound like really good builds & I'll be sure to check them both out, keep up the good work.

Richard, look at the pics again, the first pic of the camaro, the first of the challenger. They're both sitting on pro sportsman chassis to give me a feel (if you like) for where I'm headed with them. Both will be stretched, wedged and chopped a little to more resemble more mordernish type bodies but maybe not quite as extreme as the current wave of cars that IMHO are looking more and more like shapeless modern day funny cars. What I'm hoping to achieve are cars with modern design elements pertaining to their respective classes that still resemble the factory version without having to rely on grilles or badges to identify them . One problem I have is, at the speed which I get stuff done( re impatience ), its often a little late for others to offer advice or opinions, But I'm always open to either even if I have to pull something back apart to redo it. With the funnycars the engines will be moved forward in the chassis a little so the blower etc just clear the bottom of the windscreen which I hadnt allowed for when cutting out the zoomie openings as its something I have just decided on. Not a huge deal but goes to show I'm not afraid of redoing things to get them right. Instead of adding a wedge at least to the camaro fc I'll be taking one out not sure how much at this stage but probably about 6mm at the front, I thing the body looks too thick along the sides.

Opinions????????? Will be working on other stuff today so feel free to post them up.

Had to start on the chassis and engine so I could finish the work on the hood

DSCF8004-5.jpg

wedged the bottom of the body a bit while I was waiting for things to dry

DSCF8006-5.jpg

got to make up the front spoiler and the rear wing next

DSCF8007-4.jpg

also got to try and lower the engine profile quite a bit

decided on metallic red with black stripes ( I think lol) got a bit or putty on last night and sanded it back off this morning, found the couple of low spots I was sure it had so have re puttied them up, also built the front spoiler and have done some frame work

DSCF8001-10.jpg

DSCF8002-9.jpg

DSCF8003-8.jpg

Had to start on the chassis and engine so I could finish the work on the hood

DSCF8004-5.jpg

wedged the bottom of the body a bit while I was waiting for things to dry

DSCF8006-5.jpg

got to make up the front spoiler and the rear wing next

DSCF8007-4.jpg

also got to try and lower the engine profile quite a bit

Brett,

Looks great will be following.

What chassis are you using with the camaro?

bobthehobbyguy

getting closer

DSCF8005-7.jpg

DSCF8004-8.jpg

bit of work on both guard extensions still but not to bad

Richard, since I outlawed the wedge with a bubble look lol I went for the long slow sleek look.

Bob, I'm using a revell avenger chassis but have moved the motor forward, not going to be overly detailed but the body's supposed to be the main focus here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...