Model Cars Magazine Forum

Slixx is not going to go out of business!

I am a big fan of Slixx decals and am very happy to hear they are not going to go out of business. This is however, the second time they've done this. Several years ago, they said they would be going out of business so I stocked up on a bunch of decals. Then they recanted, and said they would no longer carry NASCAR decals because of the licensing fees but would continue to sell drag decals. So this time around, I stocked up again. Fool me once, oh.. shoot. Nevermind.

I really am glad they're not going out of business!

Is this like the ol' "We lost our lease"? :( "The last time, we found it under the TV" :rolleyes::D;)

I am glad they are staying in business. Also think that is one heck of a PR move!

good PR move is right i ordered 16 various sheets before they were gone

I'm glad for them and thier customers, but I did the natural thing and bought up a bunch of their limited sets so i'd have some later...and have some available for others. I guess that's like staking a claim on a silver mine and then discovering there's a big bonanza on the other side of the hill.

I'm glad for them and thier customers, but I did the natural thing and bought up a bunch of their limited sets so i'd have some later...and have some available for others. I guess that's like staking a claim on a silver mine and then discovering there's a big bonanza on the other side of the hill.

I agree, from a sales point of view, it works great, but how many more times are they going to be able to do this?

Guest Johnny

Their licensing was not transferable so no one else would be able to make a lot of their decals without going through the who deal of getting licensing and that can be VERY expensive!

So no, not trying to drum up sales. they were straight across the board when they thought they were shutting down.

Now they will just be doing limited runs the way it sounds.

Their licensing was not transferable so no one else would be able to make a lot of their decals without going through the who deal of getting licensing and that can be VERY expensive!

So no, not trying to drum up sales. they were straight across the board when they thought they were shutting down.

Now they will just be doing limited runs the way it sounds.

So they lost their licensing they had?, that would make sense if thats the case. So is it like what happened when they stopped making NASCAR decals?, I dont remember, but I know it had to do with licensing then too

Edited by martinfan5

Guest Johnny

So they lost their licensing they had?, that would make sense if thats the case. So is it like what happened when they stopped making NASCAR decals?, I dont remember, but I know it had to do with licensing then too

No, it just wasn't trasferrable which means they could not pass it on to someone else to use in making the decals.

No, it just wasn't trasferrable which means they could not pass it on to someone else to use in making the decals.

This might be a dumb question, did slixx change owners, or is there something I am missing ? I have to be honest, I stopped doing business with them when they stopped with the NASCAR decals, so I might of missed something

It was not a hoax , not a game or plot to increase sales . Piracy , slow sales , licensing fees , etc , forced the initial decision !

As far as I'm concerned , we just dodged a bullet . The hobby can ill afford to lose this company or the individuals that run it ! Drag race freaks would agree wholeheartedly ! No conspiracy here , just two people struggling businesswise with the times .

It was not a hoax , not a game or plot to increase sales . Piracy , slow sales , licensing fees , etc , forced the initial decision !

As far as I'm concerned , we just dodged a bullet . The hobby can ill afford to lose this company or the individuals that run it ! Drag race freaks would agree wholeheartedly ! No conspiracy here , just two people struggling businesswise with the times .

You are right, Slixx is very important to the hobby, even though I dont do business with them anymore, I would hate to see them close up shop