Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Remove paint from windshield

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am working on a Ferrari 458 and am trying to paint the black portion around the rear engine cover. I used Tamiya tape to mask it off, Tamiya spray black to paint it, and Micro Kristal Klear to mount the glass to the frame. As you can see from the photos the glue has gone through the paint leaving clear spots on the glass which weren't there after painting. Two questions: what can I strip the paint with that won't affect the glass and what can I use to glue the glass to the frame that won't show through the glass, or what the heck am I doing wrong?IMG_5120.jpgIMG_5117.jpg

Posted · Report post

Try using 97% alcohol , that should work, thats what I use to remove lacquer based paints, I am sure someone might have something better that might work.

As for the glue, did you use a clear drying glue?, testors makes a glue for clear parts.

http://www.testors.com/product/136938/8876C/_/Clear_Parts_Cement_Window_Maker

Posted · Report post

You may have to use some fine wet or dry sandpaper and then use something like Novus to polish, polish, polish. Good luck. I hope you find a better way to take care of this problem.

Posted · Report post

Brake fluid? And the Testors clear parts adhesive is really good.