Model Cars Magazine Forum

'25 Tall T Coupe Rod

Bugace

I'm slowly getting some done on this tall T.

005-vi.jpg

Braking pins for buttons. The seat is the original from MPC's T Paddywagon, that have been reworked.

006-vi.jpg

011-vi.jpg

Some Revell, AMT, and MPC parts are used. Engine will be done using the AMT '62 Chevy mainparts, but 3 deuces manifold from Monogram/Revell '59 Impala, and valvecovers from AMT's '63, or '64.

012-vi.jpg

Body will be black, chassis red, leaving only wheels in chrome.

I need some help here.

How does the brakes line up here?

As it is now, there is two "reservoirs" on the firewall. I guess I only need one, as there is no frontbrake?

one for hydraulic clutch actuator one for brake's if you want?

Thank You guys!

I belived I had more progress then I actually had. I wen't a step backwards today, as I could not find a ok setup for front shocks.

I remowed the front of the frame, and made it straighter.

002-vi.jpg

I will redo the front axel setup some as well, so there will be a cleaner look when the shocks are in place.

But I have done some more.

Steeringwheel.

004-vi.jpg

Looks awfull, but that whitemetal was very hard to get proper round. Also, I have very limited experience with PE "micro" parts.

Anyway, I'm satisfied, and know that when it is painted, it will look better.

005-vi.jpg

Also manage too add caps to the distributor.

001-vi.jpg

Edited by Bugace

It looks good. I like the detailing with pins. What kind of pins are those?

Sorry for not answering before.

It's ordinary pinhead needles. I've learned that some are harder then others, as mine is, and thereby are easy to brake when held in a plier. Instead of some that are so soft they bend. I guess You find them in any female craft store/hobby store.

I've scratched new leafspring up front, as well as shocks. The shocks are glued in place, as I need them as guid for the headlight/shock supports.

001-vi.jpg

The redone front mean it is slightly longer, and lower. Both beeing a positive thing for the stance in my opinion.

003-vi.jpg

Now steeringlinkage have to be modified. Also making the supports up front, and adding all the chassis details. As I wish all these details in one color, it is not long before a carefull wash, and paint.

Then I can consentrat on the engine.

I use o-rings for steering wheels,cut the center of the steerin wheel out, and glue it in an o-ring. they come in different colors too, black, brown,green, red, blue.....

looking good, i like the front suspension set up, very cool

cheers

bryan