Fred Lorenzen 63 Galaxie

7 posts in this topic

Posted

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x357/drjay2/Galaxie/

Another link- this one was started with the AMT 63 Galaxie and the 60 Starliner and some resin wheels and tires. I used detail pictures from the actual restoration in Florida of the real car. I thought I'd give ya a little Darkside this morning...

Posted

Wow! Incredible detailing, right down to the pipe clamps on the exhaust. Great job, thanks for sharing!

Posted

Very nice work. I don't care for the new "Butter Dish" cars but sure do love those old ones.

Posted

Very nice!!!

Posted

Thats just beautiful......such detail...WOW!!!

Posted

Thanks for the kind words...No false modesty here, but that car was cleared, decalled,wet sanded/polished and assembled from an "In Progress" box in 36 hours in order to be completed in time for a model club contest. The picture of the body with the clock showing 7:00 in the background was taken at 7 am...4 hours before the contest! I had time off work and was full of coffee from the Shell station- said coffee had its name spelled out in letters using a lightning bolt style font...I'm still vibrating!

Posted

No matter how much coffee it took it was worth it! That's a great build of a truly iconic race car. :wub: