Fred Lorenzen 63 Galaxie

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://s1177.photobucket.com/albums/x357/drjay2/Galaxie/

Another link- this one was started with the AMT 63 Galaxie and the 60 Starliner and some resin wheels and tires. I used detail pictures from the actual restoration in Florida of the real car. I thought I'd give ya a little Darkside this morning...

Posted · Report post

Wow! Incredible detailing, right down to the pipe clamps on the exhaust. Great job, thanks for sharing!

Posted · Report post

Very nice work. I don't care for the new "Butter Dish" cars but sure do love those old ones.

Posted · Report post

Very nice!!!

Posted · Report post

Thats just beautiful......such detail...WOW!!!

Posted · Report post

Thanks for the kind words...No false modesty here, but that car was cleared, decalled,wet sanded/polished and assembled from an "In Progress" box in 36 hours in order to be completed in time for a model club contest. The picture of the body with the clock showing 7:00 in the background was taken at 7 am...4 hours before the contest! I had time off work and was full of coffee from the Shell station- said coffee had its name spelled out in letters using a lightning bolt style font...I'm still vibrating!

Posted · Report post

No matter how much coffee it took it was worth it! That's a great build of a truly iconic race car. :wub: