Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Tamiya Mini- Foreign Vehicle Build

Nick Winter

Bought this at a DAM club meeting a few months back, it was part of a recently (at the time) deceased modellers collection, I bought it and a few others, I bought it (started) an AMT/ERTL/Model King '70.5 Camaro Z28 (open), and an AMT '57 Chevy Bel Air Street Machine (started), so I made do with what I had for this one, I was missing a few things it turned out as I went to assemble it.

Paint is Duplicolor GM Slate Grey (body), and Duplicolor Universal Black (roof), Duplicolor Crystal Clear, and polished with Meguiar's Scratch X 2.0.

GEDC1875.jpg

GEDC1876.jpg

GEDC1882.jpg

GEDC1883.jpg

GEDC1886.jpg

Very nice build, the colours you've painted it are very close to the original factory colour they were painted in,

Its going to be interesting to see how the up coming Revell Germany kit compares

I can't wait for the Revell version to hit the shelves ....

Is the Revell version the classic mini like this or the BMW Mini ?

Revell AG did a "BMW" Mini a few years back, I believe it was reissued not that long ago. Coming in October however they will be doing a '64 Mini Cooper which is the classic one like Nick's here.

Thank's Nick , That's what I was thinking , I was looking at one of my built mini's on the weekend trying to work out how to put them on ...

Thank's James , I've done another search now and found a photo of it on Revell of Germany's site , looks good , 90 parts and slightly larger than the Tamiya one though the same scale ... (Tamiya's mini isn't true 1:24 scale , I only found out when I started scratchbuilding one of my cars and wondered why the engine looked a bit smaller in the chassis ...)