Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many WIP's can one have ongoing at any time?

I used to have three or more at any given time. I soon found that nothing got finished and most would be back in the box to make way for something else. Now I force myself to do only one at a time, and just focuse on that one project.

I currently have about 6 going. Most are in the beginning stages. My post apoc kenworth is a major project. Extending the sleeper, frame, adding extra fuel tanks etc. I basically try to work on a different one every day. Helps me keep interest in them. Unless of course I get on a roll with one.

Right now, I have 6 cars, two semis and 7 1/72 scale aircraft, one 1/144 Saturn 5 rocket and one 1/350 USS Missouri out, on the benches and tables, in various stages of completion... I have 'Modelers ADD' and cannot concentrate on one at a time...

I have four right now two 70's Boss Mustangs, the Revell 1/12 Shelby, interior work on a 50' Ford Pickup. Like a few other have said I like to work on one while the others dry or cure at which ever stage im at with them.

It's nothing for me to have 4, 5, or 10 going at once. I think all the projects sitting around in various stages of completion are nice to look at. The WIP's I worry about are the ones in the box under the bed.

I Have several in progress at the moment, but I have had to put them all on hold due to falling and breaking my hip in march and then fracturing my thigh bone just as I was getting on my feet causing it to all have to be done over.

I was working on building a correct 69 Yenko 427 Nova SC (Lethal) for the Revell/ Gearz Contest starting with the COPO kit.

69 NOVA Street machine, using The totally wrong Revell NOVA SS YENKO.

Two 1930s Gow Job Roadsters Total Kit Bashes.

25 T Chopped to Coupe, Using the AMT Double kit, a lot of modifing, Kit Bashing, and after market parts. It was inspired by Bad News built by the Choppers Hot Rod Cub on TV. A Traditional Hotrod!