Model Cars Magazine Forum

How many WIP's can one have ongoing at any time?

Every one my 150 or so kits is some stage of completion, I've worked on them all at one point or another. That being said, I tend to get more done if I concentrate my efforts on a smaller number of kits at any one time. I believe that three or four builds is a reasonable amount to have going at once, but much more will slow your progress way down. I think four is doable though, your are always waiting on something to dry or parts to come for one or two.

3-4, I say thats not enough, I have three builds I am working on, and I now just started to repaint four builds I have.

I find that with more builds I have , well with in reason, I take my time on all of them, so I get better results, I have I guess you can call it a OCD thing about kits, once I start it, I have this thing to get it finished as soon as possible, and thats all I will focus on in my model building.

Edited by martinfan5

Around 6 or 7 at a time here , some are long term scratch build projects , some are basic OOB builds and others were simply a chance to paint the body while there was a good painting day without my two apprentices around wanting to help me :D

Well, I have about 50 projects on different stages. When one build is drying or waiting parts, I can move on to the next one. That's simple, and I never have problem like "I have nothing to build".

I'd say 3/4 of my colloction, well over 100 kits at least, are in some stage of completion, from having molding lines sanded off to nearly completed. PlasticMom, what gives with the attitude about rules here? They are simple, yet you seem to have a major beef. Oh well, whatever. How about showing some of your builds?

I usually have 2-4 builds going at a time with at least one a long term project (like the street rod Trantula). Others are fairly quick (Beretta GT). The latest new project is a '95 Blazer sedan/delivery. When I start a build, I keep going on it until it's completed.

I have probably 6-7 in various stages of completion at any given time. If I run into an engineering problem on one, I'll put it down and work on another.

Yep, that's me too. Never seem to get any FINISHED, that's my problem!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

Well put, George :lol: I was just going thru some of my half built, half painted kits this morning.

I just got my modeling desk set up in my new place, and I'm already getting the urge.

There are so many I need to finish....... :P

Hmm..............I've just surprised myself by only counting six WIP models. There are a couple others where I've glued some a part or two together, but those models could be off in another direction in a second design-wise so they don't count much.

'49 Merc - Jolly Roger

F-Bomb inspired '79 Camaro

'53 Stude Panamericana racer

'49 Ford hot rod

Custom Batmobile

and my scratchbuild WW3 scout vehicle.