Model Cars Magazine Forum

blower set-up to fit on the 1/16 Dukes Charger engine?

The Revell engines are smaller than the Dukes Hemi the manifolds are waaaay too short and are too narrow.

I know cause I tried :)

Even the Street Charger manifold seems short but at least it fits.

Besides, if you get the kit, you'll have some spare parts...

Holy ****! The TDR kits are insanely expensive! The engines included cant be that far off in scale, and I like detailing my own engines to make them look realistic...screw paying $150+ for an engine!

Glad you were able to find someone willing to trade with you.

As for TDR, they are not for everyone. You have to determine how much time and money you are willing to put into your model and what you are trying to achieve. You may want to check what scale you were looking at because the +$150 is for the 1/8th Scale engines. :D

Bart is correct, TDR may not be for everyone, but if you want the absolute best, there is no better. ;)

A 1/16 blower alone is only (?) $19. Now that's the very large 18-71 Kobelco, street versions may be a little less. But this is the quality...

DSCF8269-vi.jpg

The blower manifold from the kit could be modified, or just make a new manifold to suit. :)

You can go the way suggested, if you are not looking for good detail and proper scale.

My suggestion would be to contact Paul Rowe and get one of his whole engine kits. Or better yet for scale 1:1 would be to get the entire 426 blown hemi kit from TDR.

I tried to get a very large engine for my 1:16 inter kb5

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=56853

so I get a flash point 526 who I thought is bigger than my MPC big charger 426 hemi

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=56607

but it's smaller.

I didn't know at that time the MPC 426 is out of scale but it's the size a search for my kb5 and I don't want the same engine base for 2 models... so my question is, the Paul Rowe engine, it is bigger than the flash point one and how can I contact him?

the second question is, I didn't fond a complete Tdr 426,, all i found is the block, the head and the blower, I can figure to scratch build all the rest but is the complete version existe?

thanks for your help

Edited by midengineaddict

I tried to get a very large engine for my 1:16 inter kb5

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=56853

so I get a flash point 526 who I thought is bigger than my Amt big charger 426 hemi

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=56607

but it's smaller.

I didn't know at that time the Amt 426 is out of scale but it's the size a search for my kb5 and I don't want the same engine base for 2 models... so my question is, the Paul Rowe engine, it is bigger than the flash point one and how can I contact him?

the second question is, I didn't fond a complete Tdr 426,, all i found is the block, the head and the blower, I can figure to scratch build all the rest but is the complete version existe?

thanks for your help

Hey Luc, that is one awesome project you have going on with that truck!

The Flashpoint and Paul Rowe engines are smaller than the TDR 1/16, so they are a bit out of scale but if you aren't building to 1:1 you will be fine. Paul's engine looks really nice with all the details it comes with as well, just a bit pricey.

The first TDR engine you have is WAY to big due to being 1/8th scale. On the new site, they don't have everything loaded, you would just need to contact Terry and let him know what you are wanting. He will try and get it scaled down and then loaded on the new site if it can be scaled down due to the detail and size.

The 1/16 Block and heads are the scaled down version from the 1/8th kit. The reason why those are the only things on the new site, is because I had asked Terry to see if they could be scaled down from the larger kit and uploaded. He is a great guy and will work with you... Just remember, "The Squeaky Wheel gets the grease!".

If we modelers don't ask for something from the TDR group, nothing will get updated from the old site to the new site. They really look for us to let them know what they should get updated the quickest.

I hope this helps you out!

Yeah, I was going to say that TDR does not have anything in 1/16 on their site. I'm guessing I'd have to email them for an inquiry.

Brodie, you can contact Tim at TDR.innovations@gmail.com

Just go to the Old TDR store front and, see what you want, then ask Tim if it is something he can upload in 1/16 for you.

I do think they have on the new site the 6-71 street blower if that is all the bigger you are looking for.

LUC - Actually if you were kidding about that 1/8 scale motor in that truck, it does look pretty mean and could pass as a Muscle Machine! I really didn't notice you had Lego rear wheels on it, so based on the way the picture was taken they pass off as nice size rear wheels and tires for the project!

What size is that truck you posted up? Because I would say the Flashpoint motor is not far off, considering you would need to raise it up off the ground a scale 4-6" using a chopped 30's style frame or something like that.

Bart, my kb5 cab is 4" large at the rear and 3"1/4 large at the fire wall and is 1:16 scale.

my project is inspired by that 820c.i. ford hemi but with a 18 71 Kobelco blower.

You seem to be open minded about playing with the scales...

So I think about getting the 1:12 426 block and heads, glue them together and then shortening it to be just a little bit longer then the MPC big charger 426. Then scratch build a blower intake and cut the block again to get the good space between the heads to fit the 1:16 scale Kobelco 18 71 and is intake.

So I will have very larges heads and very large but low profile aluminium head cover and very BIG headers B)

every other engine parts will be 1:16 scale.... what do you think of my project?hdrp-1202-2000hp-1928-model-a-overkill-004.jpg

I think I will buy a 1:16 scale 426 block, cut the front section and take it instead of the 1:12 front section to have the proper water pump size. I will do the same with the rear section to fit the very good looking micro nitro clutch can.