rear-right-quarter-L.jpg

low-rear-quarter-L.jpg

low-rear-right-quarter-people-L.jpg

low-front-right-quarter-people-L.jpg

low-front-left-quarter-stanced-L.jpg

high-left-rear-quarter-L.jpg

bonnet-open-2-L.jpg

bonnet-open-3-L.jpg

I can't recommend this kit highly enough... superbly detailed and engineered, and a real pleasure to build. The only issue is those darn metal transfers, which I (finally) figured out that I should apply to some of the "spare" bits of decal, like the number plates, and then waterslide them into place. Colour is "homebrew" Carbon Black - Zero Paints black with some graphite powder - with a "Madagascar Orange" interior. The "Carbon Edition" has more visible carbon fibre interior and exterior (splitter plates and diffuser) and crackle-black coated exhausts. For those not in the UK, that's a genuine, legal UK number plate, BTW...

bestest,

M.

WOW... Amazing job on this build. I also have this kit but I'm still not sure what color to paint it.

Your's came out looking awesome. Love the interior color as well... what color paint did you use?

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. It's much appreciated! +1 on the "More Aston kits" plea! Although the current crop of mainstream cars are a bit "same-y", no more so than Mercedes', I reckon, and the One-77 is a standout supercar to compare with an SLS, Aventador or 599 GTO, all of which already exist in 1/24. And it's not as if Aston Martin is some obscure car maker - as a brand it's been recognised as Britain's Coolest for two years now, pipping Apple. I'm sure that has something to do with 007... There's more to the back catalogue than the DB5/6 as well... having seem them racing hell for leather at the weekend, surely someone could do a state of the art DB4 in 1/24 that could be released Italeri/Protar style as a DB4, DB convertible, DB4GT and DB4GT Zagato just by changing the body shell!

The plate is from Demon Plates:

http://www.demonplates.com/platebuilder.php

You get lots of choices for plate fonts, style, badges etc (all legal and usable)

If you go into the "Plate Size" tab, there's a section for "Model Specific Plates" which includes the DB9/DBS (and a lot of Jags and Range Rovers)

Their configurator image is a little too "rendered" for my taste, so I messed with it in Photoshop until it looked "flatter"

If you look REALLY HARD, the CAR80N is in carbon-weave style lettering, and underneath it, in teeny-tiny letters, it says "Matt Bacon Miniature Motors" ;-P

bestest,

M.

The FG wheels are ace. They are resin, though you'd be hard pressed to tell looking at pictures -- they come on a "runner" that looks for all the world like it's been injection moulded . Mine were just primed with Tamiya fine surface primer, sprayed with gloss black acrylic, and then the "chrome" was applied. No filling, no sanding, clean up at all. The hub rears and locating pin are separate, so you can paint the centre disc and bolts chrome separately before gluing the hub in place.

I got mine from Media Mix Hobby in Singapore. They were delivered to me in the UK six days after I ordered them! They are currently listed at AUS $13.87:

http://www.mediamixh...rands/fg-model/

Now I've got to go check out that Ultimate Edition...

(I shall be very interested to see how Aston responds with the Vantage or its replacement when Jaguar's F-Type -- now there's a car that Tamiya should be tooling up -- becomes available in 2013: the F-Type will be state-of-the-art and £60K when the Vantage is a little tired and £100K+)

bestest,

M

Edited by Matt Bacon