Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Ford Galaxie 500 7 Litre

Lovefordgalaxie

Thanks for the feedback!!

I have some experience with Galaxies, and I drive one daily, it's a Brazilian made '74 four door sedan, but it's just like the U.S. built '66, in fact there are some '66 Imports here, and I'm glad to say I do service a very nice and unrestored original '66 500 XL convertible, so, I can say I know the car in detail. The only thing I didn't do right with this model was the underside, that in the real car, left the factory in brown primer with some areas of black undercoating, and the eventual body color overspray.

That side trim, is white contact paper, that I carefuly cut and placed on the body. To make it more resistent I clear coated the body after having some trouble with the contact paper geting deformed every time I cleaned the model.

Nothing in the world of models gets my attention like a nicely done replica stock build, and you've done a great job on this one. That emberglow paint is sweet!

I agree - the enginebay is my favorite few! That looks perfect.

Thanks a lot for all the welcomes, really, really appreciated!!!!

I agree with Gluhead, those cars just now are geting the recognizion they deserve, specially considering they are great cars, without any kind of issue whatsoever, and still practical to be driven today, and all this just the way they left the factory.

I have a special feeling for the four door sedans and station wagons.

Hard to beat a '66 Country Squire with the "magic" tailgate, foldeable seats on the trunk, and wooden decals!! Even a bare bones Country Sedan or Custom 500 are great.