Model Cars Magazine Forum

Something I need To Get Off My Chest

Hey Everyone,

I am writing this post cuz i am getting a little tired of some people here on this forum. I fell this this something that i need to get off my chest i am sorry if i am blut about this, you don't like it tuff.

A few monthes ago i was browseing on the NASCAR section on this fourm and i came across a few builders that are trying to pass off a Acton Proformace Diecast car as a model. as a builder of PLASTIC model cars i fell that these people should not be allowed to post thise kind of cars due to my hard work on building my cars. I put alot of time and money into this hobby i am not going to allow ppl to buy a diecast car and pass it off as a model. The dead giveway for me to belive that thare cars are diecast is acton proformace makes thare cars a certaint way , Plus the "Builders" of these cars done show the chassis or the motor bay amt and monogram stop making Nascars in 1998 and thats another giveway. Yes AMT made a snap tite nascar in the early 2000's . I did notice that these cars say acton proformace on the cars so whoever is doing it your an idiot we all know its a diecast take your diecast and leave this forum myself and other builders dont wanna to see your diecast cars we put way to much man power into our kits to have u people mistake or mismatch a model or a diecast nascar.

Thank you for your time

Jay

It was no disrespect. But diecast are "models" too. If someone buys a diecast and alters it in anyway, why aren't they allowed to post it? Now if they take it out of the box and immediatly take a pic and post it and claim they built it that's another story.

I think he was getting at the fact that this hasn't blown up yet and been locked by a moderator.

I remember someone a wile ago getting caught passing off a die cast replica as one he built. Don't let it get to you man. Those will come and go, but hard work and dedication will out last. Keep building and be proud of what you can do.

Thank You Shane, Why would they lock it i am speaking my mind and a diecasr is not a model it is a collectable piece i got tons of them. i just wanted to get this off my chest. I know some other people fell the same way about this i am speaking of all of those modelers out thare that are sick of ppl rewneing the hobbie like this.

You should have called them out IN THEIR THREAD if they were trying to pass off diecasts as their own work. This way they would have had the opportunity to defend themselves. Posting up some silly rant after the fact only shows your own need for attention. Oh and if a person repaints and redecals a diecast - it's still a model and worthy of being shown here.

EDIT- Try spell check out. You might like it.

Edited by Jantrix

I know that I shouldn't say anything, because I haven't shown anything of my building, well with only one working hand it's quite hard, but as for what Jay has mentioned, I too have seen some Die Cast Cars, being shown and called builds, more so on another Forum.

I collected Die Cast Cars for many years, and I've built many many Wooden and Plastic models in my day's, I'm pretty sure that most builders, are building Amazing Models in every Class, but a few do fudge and try to throw in a Die Cast, they mave have stripped the Model and repainted it with after market decals, I've done that with my Street Cars, because the Model Companies make the same colors time after time!

With my many many years of this Wonderful Hobby, I need to see some Change, that's were the Sctratch Builders come in, they combine many products in their builds, and each and everyone of them, are Truly Outstanding Craftmans, and I comend them all, but the builders trying to put off a Die Cast as Plastic, well they should say what it is!!

mickey1938

your turn Rob.

Rob i must have got the message threw cuz u read the post i have called them out before of it no one got back to me so. I am not trying to make a fight here i basicly was standing up for all those who out time and money into building these model cars and no rob striping the body and repainting etc is not building a model car get ur facts straight i dont mean to be harsh but your coming off the wrong way with that.

I understand your rant. I have been in the racing sim community building 3d models. A very similar thing happens there but it is guys ripping off other peoples work and passing it off as theirs.

The only thing worse than that is someone correcting anothers spelling. (he said with a grin)

Okay,

I will be "blut" also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Model has more than one part and can be disassembled, customized and then reassembled, then it is a Model.

Plastic, Metal, Rubber, it makes no difference, it is a Model.

This from a guy who began building Models in 1957 and nowadays works mainly with Metal DieCast.

I've seen a lot of other Model Sites shoot themselves in the foot by running off Members who have much info to offer, simply because a handfull of very young Members felt those who work with Metal do not belong there.

I also see AirBrush and DieCast Customizing Sites wholeheartedly embrace Model Building with a respect for the Techniques, Procedures and Tools involved.

I did find this portion of your post interesting,

so whoever is doing it your an idiot we all know its a diecast take your diecast and leave this forum myself and other builders dont wanna to see your diecast cars we put way to much man power into our kits to have u people mistake or mismatch a model or a diecast nascar.

I can understand you pointing out that a piece declared in a post as Plastic is actually in your belief, Metal.

But beyond that, what is the difference?

CadillacPat

CadillacPat

A diecast is a model as well as plastic, or resin, or any other medium. If you buy a preassembled one, and pass it off as your work, that is one thing, a no no for sure, but if you put work into it, nothing wrong with saying you did it. And my friend, please drop the texting talk, and check your grammar and spelling.

I am not trying to make a fight here

Yes you are. I can see you down at the bottom of the screen waiting for someone to call you on this. You are just doing this for attention, so this is the last time I'll waste mine here.

no rob striping the body and repainting etc is not building a model car get ur facts straight i dont mean to be harsh but your coming off the wrong way with that.

That is where YOU are wrong. We have had people rebuilding and posting diecasts here for years. Everything from Hot Wheels to Franklin Mint. And now you come around and try to tell people they don't belong here? I think it's you who doesn't belong fella. I'm done with ya.

A diecast is a model, plain and simple. A diecast that you buy already built is not a kit, but it definitely is a model.

A lot of people buy built-up diecasts, take them apart, customize them, detail the, etc. How is the result of that process not a legitimate model?

I agree that posting photos of a built-up diecast and claiming that you built is is wrong. But there's no way I agree that diecasts are not models, because they obviously are.

You STILL haven't said whether the diecast models you're talking about were re-done or not. Were original, unmodified diecasts passed off as original builder work without any changes?

What's the story???