Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Monogram 1/12 '57 Chevy.

Lovefordgalaxie

I built this one box stock.

It was hard to resist adding more detail to it, but I wanted to see how it would look like just with what was inside the box, plus paint, and foil.

I have more of those kits and plan on building another with lots of extra detail, just don't know when just yet.

The only thing I did add was one piece of stainles tubing to each exhaust tip.

The paint is Tamiya TS-14 black, from the mini spray can. The interior was painted with tamiya Italian red and Testors flat black.

The frame was painted with Testors flat black, the floor pans with red-ish brown primer, and some eventual black undercoating was simulated with Tamiya X-1 acrylic black.

Gas tank and engine were painted with testors acrylics.

Hope you like it

BelAir014copy.jpg

BelAir017copy.jpg

BelAir018copy.jpg

BelAir020copy.jpg

BelAir022copy.jpg

BelAir023copy.jpg

BelAir026copy.jpg

BelAir027copy.jpg

BelAir033copy.jpg

BelAir002-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

By the way, if someone is thinking about buying a 1/12 Chevy kit to build it stock, stay away from the Revell "50th Anniversary" edition of the kit, as it comes with the wrong stock tires. The tires I used are from a 1986 vintage edition of the kit, at the time released by Monogram.

The tires Revell inclued are the ones from the '69 Camaro Z-28 kit and are not only incorrect for a 1957 car, they donet have the recess to receive the plastic whitewall inserts that do come with the kit.

The old Monogram kits have better overall quality as well, and are an easy find on e-Bay.

By the way, if someone is thinking about buying a 1/12 Chevy kit to build it stock, stay away from the Revell "50th Anniversary" edition of the kit, as it comes with the wrong stock tires. The tires I used are from a 1986 vintage edition of the kit, at the time released by Monogram.

The tires Revell inclued are the ones from the '69 Camaro Z-28 kit and are not only incorrect for a 1957 car, they donet have the recess to receive the plastic whitewall inserts that do come with the kit.

The old Monogram kits have better overall quality as well, and are an easy find on e-Bay.

I have this kit from early 2000's. My plan is and was to replicate the exact car my dad had that he bought brand new.