Model Cars Magazine Forum

A request for the posting of photos

This mostly aimed at our newer members and not any one particular person.

When posting pics of your work, please just post the picture.

No thumbnails that may or may not open to a larger pic. To click a thumbnail and get a pic the same size as the thumbnail is maddening!

No links to your album or to the pic in your album. Yes, we want instant gratification. You want to impress us, show us the pics!

Posting pictures is very easy. We have a tutorial in the New to the Forum section. http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52417

If your pics are too large, there is a function on almost every photo album site that will automatically resize your pics to a usable size when you download them. Find it.

If you do not already have a Photobucket or Fotki membership get one. They are free and the easiest albums to use and be used by us if we want to peruse your work.

This ain't rocket surgery.

Edited by Jantrix

Rob, might I suggest you get off your high horse. If you dont like thumbnails, dont look at them. Simple. I for one dont mind them, I can at least view pics then. Not everyone, myself included, can access photobucket or fotki or some other sites. I use mynetimages, the only bugaboo is limited posting of full size pics, thus my use of thumbnails.

Not everyone, myself included, can access photobucket or fotki or some other sites.

Not to start an argument, but yes, you can access Photobucket and Fotki. Why in the world not? It's just another website. If you can access this site, you can access any site.

My filter blocks access to some sites, especially anything with possible adult content. And no, I cannot, for reasons I cannot go into here, change the settings. myneetimages does not allow any sort of adult content, so my filter does not block it. I can also access imageshack.

I'm not sure how your filter works, but is there an option that would let you "approve" a particular site so the filter won't block it? That way you could "approve" Photobucket but your filter would still be working for any other sites.

I've tried it with a number of sites. If there is any adult content, it wont work. No biggie, I am content with the hosting sites I use. I view others work when I can.

I've tried it with a number of sites. If there is any adult content, it wont work. No biggie, I am content with the hosting sites I use.

Ok, so there's no problem then. But the fact is, you do have access to a photo hosting site (as everyone does). That was Rob's point. He was saying that people ought to open up a photo hosting account, park their photos there, and post from the photo hosting site instead of posting thumbnails here.

And also (while I'm not an internet expert)... wouldn't parking your photos on an outside photo hosting site and posting them that way here save us some bandwidth space on this site? When you post a photo from Photobucket or Fotki... you're not actually putting the photo on this server, only a text link to the photo, which is physically sitting (and taking up space) on the photo hosting site's server. At least that's how I understand it. Maybe Dave Ambrose can verify.

“This ain't rocket surgery.”

Rob, please pick one or the other………it’s “Rocket Science” or “Brain Surgery”….this is kind of like saying……”piece of pie” or “easy as cake”

Just saying………..

And just for the record, thumbnails or full shots…..I don’t care, if I can’t open the thing, well, to me it wasn’t worth looking at anyway…post them anyway you like or can………..no biggy to me.

I sure don't want to ruffle any feathers, but when people use thumbnails l can actually see them better bacause they enlarge to the full size of my phone screen. Then l can actually zoom on that & see more detail yet. On "normal" posts l am stuck viewing a 1"X 1" picture with not much detail. l understand it's my problem l don't have a computer, but this is supposed to be about models, not computers, right?

...this is supposed to be about models, not computers, right?

Actually, it's about models viewed on computers. No exclusive to one or the other here. ;)^_^

I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here, but myself and others seem to have a great deal of difficulty with thumbnails and some of the smaller hosting sites. Imageshack is totally hit or miss for me. It's been discussed quite a bit in chat rooms I've visited.

But you can't make an omelet without having your cake and eating it too, right Peter?

Edited by Jantrix

I locked this ridiculous thread before anyone had a chance to read it. But its unlocked, and turned out exactly how I thought it would.

Jantrix, if you have a problem, adjust. Your problem is not everyones problem. And its not your place to make the rules.