Model Cars Magazine Forum

Carroll Shelby tribute community build.

wgflatliner

The main reason was I bought it open box without decals ( i knew that before hand ) but got stalled on what I wanted to do as far as body livery. So I built the internals and it's sat in the box for a year until I 'got around to it'. With Revell reissuing the kit as Compuware I decided to put it to use finally. This week or so I'll probably offer up the body for trade, but it'll have no wing obviously lol

Small update, overtime this weeks zapping my mental strength. So I've been doin basics on other stuff in the evenings not wanting a mental error. As far as this one goes I got it in primer and my trim blackened at the bottom.

post-9517-0-60606600-1337224119_thumb.jp

I am going to love this thread. Cobra's my favorite. Plus Cranky is building another ? Wonderful. I have a bunch of unbuilt Cobra's but will not have time to build for a while. I will be watching this one. Looking forward to seeing all the builds.

Won the auction for the 427 kit, so as soon as it gets here, I will be joining

So you're the one who outbid me! Congrats on the win. I expect to see wonderful things made out of that kit ;) .

I have a work in progress 427 Cobra and I`m thinking about startig a second. Count me in for tis build!

I built new Turkey Pan. The base part, I mean that the flat area is from the kit, but those "walls" are built from styrene. After little putty, it looks ready for paint. I also installed spark plug wires. Next I'm going to continue by installing headers and stuff like that.

P5170063.jpg

P5170065.jpg

P5170066.jpg

P5170069.jpg

P5170072.jpg

That should be cool, have you decided if it'll be straight paint; or with a livery? I haven't even gone to my bench since this weekend. Works got me wore out. I think i'll try and muscle through some stuff on mine. It's NOT on the back burner though don't worry i'm in this.

That should be cool, have you decided if it'll be straight paint; or with a livery? I haven't even gone to my bench since this weekend. Works got me wore out. I think i'll try and muscle through some stuff on mine. It's NOT on the back burner though don't worry i'm in this.

I am not sure yet, I would love to do the stripes, but the only stripe decals that came with the kit are the racing ones, with big circles on them.

Edit- body primer, next up remove the mold lines, started work on the engine , and getting parts painted.

p1-33.jpg

Edited by martinfan5