Model Cars Magazine Forum

Viper powered charger/magnum New Update 6/15/12

Kaleb

First of all I want to thank those who have traded with me to get it this far. VWDave for the magnum kit and Assa9 for the viper engine. I will be buying some other stuff for it like four racing seats and other decals.

I've got a couple other projects on the burners.. But this one I'm getting ready for shows.

I bought the jimmy flinstone body at the last show for 5 bucks. So far I have almost everything I need for this build. I'm going to do my best to finish this build lol because every time I post on the workbench I never finish. So here goes.

38a3c504.jpg

It will have three screens with two 12" inverted subs, powered by two kicker amps, and a Ps2. The subs, amps and ps2 are from scale dreams. fc90b932.jpg

Here are the wheels. This is the custom wheel from the magnum kit. I have cut part of it out to open it up. Here is the before and after.

The Ps2 is going in the side panel when the back is opened.

35033a8c.jpg

d2d93547.jpg

Edited by Kaleb

No new update yet. I may have one on the chassis this afternoon. Anyone know what the chassis are like on the magnums? If not I'm going to leave it satin black.

I think the chassis is either body color, or primer with over spray, I did one body color, but only part, I can post a pic if you want to see how I did it.

Thanks but I'm going to leave it black. I need to concentrate on the major stuff on this project.

Got the engine painted and in the chassis. I still have to wire it and get the covers on.

24606bfa.jpg

Very little modifications to make this fit.

Here is the transmission by itself and looks like its been worked on

992271ac.jpg

Edited by Kaleb

While I am waiting on my batteries, battery holders, and L.E.D.s Ive been working on the suspension and placement of the lights. I have also been working on the Exhaust with aluminum tubing. This is my first time working with tubing.

This is the top side where the L.E.D.s will be placed. I drilled out the wrong hole but its easily fixed, because its where the exhaust cross brace will be.

100_1236.jpg

This is the correct place for the L.E.D.s. It was an existing hole from the factory exhaust.

100_1240.jpg

100_1238.jpg

Thank you, went ahead and painted them silver. The underside will be detailed but not like the interior or exterior.

Here is a minor update on the lights.

Make sure you have plenty of clamps lol I ran out.

9ac69539.jpg

I may have to run two more lights for the middle

There are two in the middle where the exhaust was held in place I figured I would utilize those holes

41643742.jpg

Here is the start of the exhaust. The top is sprue and the back is aluminum tubing. The tubing was not bending the way I wanted without kinks.

d36a3681.jpg

Guest Darkside Customs

This is freakin cool! Man I'm really gonna be watching this one.... I'm sure Rick has been hit up about resin PS3's....

• 4 weeks later...

Here we go finally. I don't have it completely done, but here is an update anyway. I've had to wait to order some seats, I bought them from crazy scale auto.

6e0572e5.jpg

Center console

1c286e77.jpg

Speaker box

7255a0d8.jpg

Not a big update but I had to wait to get the proper dimensions because the console will tie into the speaker box.....I think.

Nice progress, this should be pretty cool when done. I like the idea of quad bucket seats rather that the rear bench. You might have to forgive me, I might use that idea in my Challengum build. Going to have to think about it...

• 5 months later...