Model Cars Magazine Forum

water bottle tops

if you or a family member likes bottled water you can use the tops to the water (after you drank the water) to use it for washes. all you do is simply put the paint and thinner in the lid and you have a goos usable container to use your washes in. and its readely avaiable also so all you do is spend little or no money at all.

I use Evian bottle tops and coke bottle tops together. The older Evian tops had a longer lead before the thread started, so they would snap tightly onto a coke bottle cap (pepsi works too, but I drink more Diet Coke). The new ones don't work, unfortunately. They're great for storing mixed paints. They'll keep airtight for weeks. :)

Good advice. I am Facilities Administator at a large church where bottled water is always available to those who worship on a weekend. In spite of containers for recyclables we always find a number of empty or partially empty bottles here and there. After dumping the waterI bring the caps home.