Model Cars Magazine Forum

Krupp Titan SWL 80 ('50)

I had never seen this before and it's about to be released. Does anybody have more information on this . . . has anyone built one?

Krupp Titan SWL 80 ('50) Plastic Model Kit

Product ID
: 80-7559

Overview

Skill level: 5

Scale: 1:24

Length: 393 mm

Parts: 324

Description

The 1950s' most impressive 8-ton flatbed.

The Krupp Titan made its debut at the 1950 Paris Motor Show. A 210 hp 6-cylinder diesel engine and four-passenger cab made it one of the decade's most impressive trucks. Kit features a detailed SW 6 six-cylinder diesel engine with Roots blower, a realistic sub-frame and platform, detailed driver's cab interior fittings, an opening hood, a detailed brake linkage, a removable spare wheel holder, detailed folding tilts, two roof options, seven tires, movable front wheels, assorted chrome parts and decals with Rheinisch-Westfälische haulage company and Baumann freight forwarder markings.

I think it will build into a great model . . .

80-7559-lg.jpg

Isn't this an old kit that's already been around for many years?

Maybe...I don't know. I know there is another kit of a Euro truck, Bussing 8000S I think. I just haven't seen any on the shelves anywhere and like I said before...I just gotta have one. At least a reissue would probably be cheaper anyway. Edited by The70judgeman

Maybe...I don't know. I know there is another kit of a Euro truck, Bussing 8000S I think. I just haven't seen any on the shelves anywhere and like I said before...I just gotta have one. At least a reissue would probably be cheaper anyway.

There are a bunch of both of them on ebay right now, the Krupp and the Bussig.

• 1 month later...

This is a kit that was originally released by Revell Germany a couple of years ago. I would say around 2005. It´s a really nice kit with nice moldings and lots of detail. It builds into a good looking kit, right out of the box.

2309till25092010037.jpg

I knew I had some pictures of old german trucks - and look what I found. I took this picture on the IAA show 2010 in Hannover. It´s an exhibition for commercial vehicles (and a lot of other stuff) but they also have a rather large section of oldtimers.

80-7559-lg.jpg

ROFL! They messed up the decals on the load bed sides. Rhein. - Westf. should be on the front protion, Frachten - Kontor on the rear.

I'd love to do this one:

c11%2081.jpg

I like the colours, I like what it is transporting, and I can remember seeing those when I was a wee lad.

Edited by Junkman