Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scenes Unlimited

Got some new parts from Danny today at Scenes Unlimited and am blow away. The quality and workmanship is top notch. better than plastic. I wanted a mystery motor air cleaner for my 63 Impala for the longest time and now I got it. as good as the original piece. and his Chevy utility wheels are beautiful. Give him a try, you wont be disappointed.

http://www.scenesunltd.com/index.html

I have gotten a bunch of stuff from Danny and have been very impressed with everything! Enough so that I sent him a NV4500 4X4 transmission master that I made for a project on my bench. He added some more to it and made a mold. I have some of the finished products and they are awsome!!!! He was also great to work with during the process too. I hadn't seen it up on the site yet, but for anyone that wants a later model transmission, I highly recommend his work! When I get a few minutes, I will try to get some photos of the transmission posted. the ones I took earlier this month did not do it justice so I put on a coat of primer to hopefully show off the quality better.

Danny is a member of the DMCC, and a freind! His skills at detailing small intricate parts is phenomenal!! I got quite a few things from him and would recommend him HIGHLY, even if he wasn't my freind! Check out his clutch plates, clutches an flywheel sets! OR his brakedrum kits, you won't belive all the detail he puts into these miniscule things! I personally LOVE his stuff. Oh, an he's a GREAT guy ta boot!!!! :lol::D;)

Danny, is not just a Resin Maker, he's a Artist !! I've collected most of his products, and for you Diorama gGuy's he makes many different Piping parts such as down spouts and Lighting Fixtures!

And the best part, his Prices are really low!!

mickey1938

All I've gotten from him so far is a couple of the Reese hitches. I totally agree he has some flawless stuff. Will definatly be getting more from him in the future.

Can't say more then you all had.

I ordered his stuff tooo and it is amazing! If you need stuff for detailing - he has it and makes "dreams come thru".

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words and compliments. This aspect of the hobby has become very enjoyable for me. It's fun to make some of those detail parts that are not very common.

Steve did a real nice job on the trans, I just added a few extras.

Like you Steve I've been looking into tail shaft housings to go with the trany. Would like to offer it with both the 2WD and 4WD. That way a modeler would have a complete setup. Once I get some of these other projects finished I plan on starting them.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to chime in here and pile on some more praise for Danny and his work. I finally bought one of his clutch kits, and the detail is amazing. To say I am pleased with his parts is a huge understatement. :wub:

IMNSHO, Danny is building a solid reputation for himself by taking a professional approach to all aspects of his casting business. When I went to place my first order with him, I found him to be friendly, responsive and accommodating. The products I ordered were already in stock and they arrived at my home in just a few days.

If you haven't dealt with a resin caster before, start with this one. My only regret is that I hadn't even heard of him until about a month ago. Thank goodness for this hobby board!

Sent Danny an email and order last night and he responded within an hour! Had a few questions later in the evening and he got back to me early this morning!

Needless to say I am anxious to get my order, and with service like this is why I keep ordering from him!

The quality and prompt service is among the top 3 resin casters in my book!

Just wanted to chime in here and pile on some more praise for Danny and his work. I finally bought one of his clutch kits, and the detail is amazing. To say I am pleased with his parts is a huge understatement. :wub:

X2, I have 15 sets of wheels sitting here as well as column mount tachs etc. excellent product!

I just found his website the other day because of this forum and I can't wait to put in my first order...I want some of the items yesterday!!! This forum talking about his quality definitely helped me make my decision to use him.

I placed an order on 8/7, sent the check on 8/8 , got confirmation from Danny on 8/11 that order was being packaged and shipped on 8/13 and it arrived today, 8/16! That my friends is what I would call EXCELLENT customer service! It should also be noted that I paid with a check, so Danny kindly packed up my order and once the check cleared, he sent it out!

It doesn't hurt that the products are flash free and look like kit parts and not resin cast pieces either!

This is one caster that ranks right at the top of the list for me and comes highly recommended.

• 1 year later...

I used to have a site bookmarked on my computer but when it crashed I lost it. It was a site that dealt with a lot of wheel hubs and drums or that is what I remember most. I remember you could buy parts where you could make it appear that you had taken the drum off and had the brake shoes showing. If I remember right they also had a lot of rims like model A/B spoked, helibrands and other. classic engines like flatheads and early hemis. finned brake drums wheel studs and nuts. It was an amazing site and I can't find it. I hope someone can help me because I want to order a bunch of stuff