Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monster Garage

mustang95

the Rules

1. When complete, the monster must appear to be stock.
  2. you are only allowed to spend $ 50 to build your monster
  3. you only have till july 31 to complete your monster

the list of cars

1. 2003 CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV TAILGATER -
  2. 1973 CHEVROLET CORVETTE MUD BOGGER-
  3. 1997 FORD F-150 CUSTOM TRUCK NUT-SHAKER-
  4. 1964 LINCOLN CONTINENTAL CUSTOM OPEN ROAD RACER-
  5. 1996 LINCOLN TOWNCAR CUSTOM FIRE TRUCK LIMO-
  6. 1998 FORD CROWN VICTORIA CUSTOM DOUGHNUT SHOP/COP CAR-
  7. 1990 FORD MUSTANG CUSTOM SWITCHBLADE-
  8. 1974 CHEVROLET CAMARO CUSTOM DIRT TRACK CAMARO-
  9. 1970 FORD RANCHERO CUSTOM LOW BULL RIDER-
  10. 1988 CHEVROLET BLAZER PIKE'S PEAK HILL CLIMBER-
  11. 1994 FORD EXPLORER CUSTOM WHITE TRASH TRUCK-
  12. 2003 TOYOTA CELICA CUSTOM JET CAR-
  13. 2005 DODGE MAGNUM CUSTOM TRAIN CAR-
  14. 1981 CADILLAC FLEETWOOD CUSTOM QUARTER MILE CADILLAC-

pm me with which car you would like to do this will be 1 of 3 builds the top 5 cars willl move on to the next build hope to see some cars started soon !

Edited by mustang95

This sounds like a great idea but I have a couple of suggestions: Take a week or two to let guys decide to enter and get their kits and parts together, THEN have a starting date. A month from the announcement of the CBP is pretty short notice. Also, there were some other builds they did on the show that some of us might be interested in trying - the 1951 Chevy full-on custom done by the legends of Kalifornia Kar Kustoms in the final season of the show comes to mind imediately. Or how about the Demolition Derby Cadillac? Then too, would it be possible to fudge a little on the specific years of the builds as long as they are in keeping with the car on the show? Certain years are more available as kits than others. Or maybe substitute a Tahoe for the Explorer for the Thrah Truck for instance so that a more common kit can be used? Maybe substitute an Escalade for the Suburban used for the Wedding Chapel?

Don't get me wrong: I'm not trying to hijack your CBP here. Just tossing in my .02 worth.

Austin, I really like this idea and I think you'll get lots of interested builders. I agree with Jim about the time schedule. Also, is there any particular rationale for the list of possible kits to work from . . . could the list be expanded?

Did you know a few of them were available as Kits??

More as Diecast in different scales, but I preferred the Kit.

It included a DVD of that episode.

here is one I built when first offered;

SKool-Rf.jpg

Skool-R-O.jpg

The stanchions were not included in the kit. I am looking at the ones in the AMT Customizing Series chrome tree

for them.

This one does not count. OLD build.

Actually, The RX7 was a Sand Rail

They Used a New Mini for the Snowmobile. He raced Richard Petty!!

Builds I know were issued as kits besides the Pontoon Boat/Bus are the Suburban/Wedding Chapel

And F-150/250-Tree shaker.

I have the Lincoln Limo/Fire Truck, Mustang/Mower "Switchblade" & Explorer/Trash Truck Diecast

Sadly, they are not all to the same scale. I think Switchblade & Trash Explorer are closer to 1/16

while the Lincoln is closer to 1/32.

The Mini Dicast are like Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Johnny Lightning, made to a similar size not scaled

to each other

There is a Pontoon/Bus on evilbay right now only $8.75 opening bid. It has floated there for a

while dropping price everytime it is relisted.

Oh, yeah. you're right, of course. I just remember thinking that there was absolutely no possible way at all that the thing was going to work, and it turns out I was right. The car was just way too heavy (I thought the same thing with the DeLorean/Hovercraft). The MINI Snowmobile episode was pretty cool - especially the "race" with The King at the end!

Yea.

I Miss that show. Wish it was re-running somewhere!!

I need to find the DVD sets. My W-M only have the first one, maybe the Second season too, but Never got anymore!!

Now I never see them.

You know why I was happy to find the DVD Of the episode in the Kits!!

That Chain drive for the Rail wheel was not a good idea.

They needed a heavier chain, and to have one on Both sides of the tire!!

Too bad they Diecast & kits did not sell so well. I would have liked to see more

of them offered!!

Edited by Edsel-Dan

• 2 weeks later...