Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Mustang Mach 1 - Finished

Danger

This was going to be my entry into the GearZ/Revell contest but I had an issue shrinking my pics and didn't get the entry done before the deadline. Oh well, there is alway next year.

I used a combination of copper and transparent red to match the Ford colour Indian Fire Red.

Interior is black with wood trim.

Done box stock.

Enjoy

Danger

IMG5908-L.jpgIMG5910-L.jpgIMG5909-L.jpgIMG5913-L.jpg

Edited by Danger

I knew that was Indian Fire Red before I even read your caption. That's such a unique color & it really seems to work well on these 'Stangs. Kudos to you for figuring out a way to achieve that color on your own. It complements your clean building style.

I keep hoping some enterprising scratchbuilder/caster will come up with a more correct grille for this car. Anybody?

Nice job on the Mustang. I especially like the color. When I was 14, Dad and I went to the Ford dealer in Ortonville to buy a new car. I got to help with the color selecion for a '69 Fairlane wagon. For the Fairlane, the color was called Indian Bronze.

Thanks for the compliments.

It only took about 4 plastic spoon tests to figure out the colour combination correct.

I wish I took a pic of the interior before installing it. The wood grain looked great but it's hard to see on the finished model.

Danger

• 1 month later...

Here's a few more shots from the past weekend.

I need to re-fix the rear pinstrip decal. The Mustang letters were dry brushed, gas cap is black washed and the pipes are drilled out.

IMG5939-L.jpg

This shows a closeup of the side emblem and BMF work.

IMG5936-L.jpg