Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/24 Birdcage

Webb

Well, here's another one. This one was built from the ABC Brianza kit. Scratch built the gauge panel and gauges. Added wiring, safety harnesses, racing seat, and hood hold down straps. Paint is Duplicolor yellow with Caymen green metallic stripe. When ya'll get tired of me posting pics let me know.

Chris

post-9795-0-86414300-1337434823_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-49494500-1337434831_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-06142200-1337434839_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-32340200-1337434856_thumb.jp

post-9795-0-66451000-1337435339_thumb.jp

WOW, Chris, that came out GREAT!!!! Beautiful job on it Bro!!! Was that PE "Cage" hard to bend into the proper shape? It sure came out NICE!!! As far as postin,Bro, by all means, POST ON!!!!! :lol::D;)

Thanks George. The cage wasn't all that difficult because I had already built two in 1/43rd scale that had almost the exact same photo etch. It was much easier in the larger scale. I DID have to figure out on my own that the two side "shelves" couldn't be bent down until after the body was on or it wouldn't fit over the cage.

Exquisite. Beautiful Birdcage. I have never heard of ABC Brianza. How about a little more info. Thanks
www.abcbrianza.com/

This is the only kit I ever got from them so I don't know much. Some of their built kits look a little "off" as far as body proportions go, and even the Birdcage body isn't quite right. The body on the Aardvark kit is much better, but it doesn't have the photo etch cage.

Nice job on the 'Cage, Chris! I never got to see a Brianza up close. Obviously, I am pretty familiar with Birdcages having built about 280 or so of my kits myself! The ABC kit has some nice features and some inaccuracies but is a pleasant looking model.

Carlo initially got a lot of attention with big-scale handbuilt stuff like Olive-Sans and others(60s). He then branched off into handbuilt 1/43rds in the 70s. He also got into some 1/14th scale stuff for RIO in the 80s. Carlo Brianza passed away suddenly in 1994 and his wife and kids have continued with the business. I actually think the quality improved, ironically.

Hereis a link to their website http://www.abcbrianza.com/

Edited by Modelmartin

Nice job on the 'Cage, Chris! I never got to see a Brianza up close. Obviously, I am pretty familiar with Birdcages having built about 280 or so of my kits myself! The ABC kit has some nice features and some inaccuracies but is a pleasant looking model.

Carlo initially got a lot of attention with big-scale handbuilt stuff like Olive-Sans and others(60s). He then branched off into handbuilt 1/43rds in the 70s. He also got into some 1/14th scale stuff for RIO in the 80s. Carlo Brianza passed away suddenly in 1994 and his wife and kids have continued with the business. I actually think the quality improved, ironically.

Hereis a link to their website http://www.abcbrianza.com/

Thanks Andy. Yes, it's FULL of inaccuracies! Most noticable is the tail which should be much "thicker" extending down at least a quarter inch. Also, the windshield is totally the wrong shape. Maybe it was modeled as an early version? I had even contemplated contacting you to see if you had an extra windshield, but figured the odds of it fitting THIS kit were pretty slim. Thanks again.

Chris