Model Cars Magazine Forum

1986 Monte Carlo SS finished 5-20-2012

Toast

I'd never given this model much consideration before, but it looks like they did a good job of supplying the basic details and you did a great job of detailing everything. I love the colors you chose for this, and while the white outline lettered tires can be a pain, when painted correctly, as you've done, they lend that period-pefect look to a car of that era.

I couldn't help but notice the Bilstein shocks. Definitely an upgrade. Years ago I stuck a set of those on my Corvette and was amazed at the difference they made. Expensive, but well worth it.

Looking forward to your next project.

Edited by Monty

Yup Brodie, down here in Southern MN. I was just up in Duluth on vacation about a month ago. Gonna be in Gilbert later in July.

Thanks for the kudos everyone, it was nice to finish a model again finally. (I've been waiting to post something in "under glass")! This is a great site for inspiration and the tips and advice definitely helped this build stay on track as well as kept it fun.

Toast, I saw this at NNL North, nice piece! I like that you did it in a color not often done for this kit.

Do you happen to hit Buster's roll-in's on Thursday's? If so look for me, I'm usually taking pictures. You can usually find me by the '04 Roush 380R Mustang most of the time. Like to meet ya!

Chris