Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flintstone Mack

Hi fellas. I am building a flintstone Mack (steel hooded r600) and wondering what yellow would look more Mack yellow. Tamiya chrome yellow or tamiya camel yellow? I will post some pictures from my photobucket soon. Cheers.

Ben

Great subject.

This is camel yellow over silver.I forgot topaint the headlight bucket at the same time and have to redo them because I'm guessing I got too much paint on them and the shade is different.A note to every one,make sure you paint it all at once

P5060360.jpg

Great subject.

This is camel yellow over silver.I forgot topaint the headlight bucket at the same time and have to redo them because I'm guessing I got too much paint on them and the shade is different.A note to every one,make sure you paint it all at once

P5060360.jpg

Tough call but I would go with chrome yellow. Looking forward to them pictures.

Thanks for the feedback fellas. After looking at more pictures in books and magazines of the real truck, I'm going with chrome yellow.

Ben

• 2 months later...

Hi fellas, this will be the last update for a while. I have started studying again and am also building a Tamiya Subaru BRZ. So this project will be on the back burner till late November. Once the BRZ is finished my brother wants me to model his father in laws truck (once the parts arrive), so it will be like a second job for me. It will be an Auslowe Kenworth T904 and the doner kit will be a Moebius Lonestar. Here is what I've finished with the Mack Flintstone. Hope you like. Cheers

Ben

IMG_1817.jpg