Are there any resin casters that already make...

12 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

a 1/16th scale 10 lb nitrous bottle that is 7" dia in 1:1 (.4375 in 1/16th)? I've done a little bit of searching and haven't turned anything up so far.

Posted · Report post

Seems like it would be easy enough to build starting with some 1/16" diameter styrene rod.

Posted · Report post

Maybe Pro Tech does one in turned aluminum?

Posted (edited) · Report post

That's a good suggestion Casey. Unfortunately, unless Charlie's hiding something from me, I didn't see any NO2 items shown in his larger scale stuff. LOL

Edited by futurattraction

Posted · Report post

Scott are you needing them for something specific? If you can't find any, the easiest thing would be to just have Jim (micronitro) just turn some for you.

Posted · Report post

Look up scalerepros he has a lot of Aluminum products in 1/16 scale.

mickey1938

Posted · Report post

Bart beat me to it but I believe that Jim has turned a few sizes of bottles but as far as their exact size I am not sure. He would be more than willing I am sure to turn bottles to the size you want.

Posted · Report post

Jim "micronitro" is the coolest man in the world and I get some Nitro bottle from him and they look very good

Posted · Report post

Scott... I also forgot that Tim at TDR has some nitrous sets that they make as well with the jets for the engine and the handles for the bottles

Luc.... you are so true about Jim. He is an awesome guy and what an asset he is to our hobby as well as the rest of the guys who are producing the aftermarket items for us. Thank you everyone.

Posted · Report post

Thanks, guys, for all of the suggestions. I agree completely, Jim is a great guy. I've worked with him in the past and will again in the future.

Posted (edited) · Report post

For the record, I'm stocking TDR products and he offers two 7" Nitrous kits (single and dual valves at the bottle). No more long waiting for your products from overseas and my shipping is cheaper. TDR also has a Nitrous hardware kit to use with someone else's bottles. I'm specializing in 1/16 scale and larger and I'm at http://www.tedsmodel...arketplace.com/

Edited by TedsModeling

Posted · Report post

its worth the trip to teds store to get what you need for those pro mod builds